Foam starting to come up through

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no offense, but common sense on a public forum would be nice. sure i could help, buy the OP could help himself much quicker and easier with a 3 second search.

we need a tutorial for the basics of using a message board. sorry to harsh your mellow but it's seriously annoying. watch what happens in the next "stalled fermentation" thread:D

Yeah i'm aware of the blowoff tube, i guess i'll have to come up with something. Someone mentioned putting a small hose down through the bung. Which seems like a good idea instead of buying a bigger one to just fit the whole hole.

I just dumped out the airlock and filled it up again.

btw i never did get this anti thread stuff. I've been a member of a few forums that went basically dead because the newbies where getting afraid i guess you can call it to ask what might be considered simple and get ripped on. I asked this simple question because i was about to do something about it right away. Not search around the forums. :)

we need a tutorial for the basics of using a message board. sorry to harsh your mellow but it's seriously annoying. watch what happens in the next "stalled fermentation" thread:D

This was my thought exactly. Instead of a "homebrewtalk.com" decal, they should prvide "a good noob will search" decals.:D

The real reason it gets annoying is that when everybody posts a new thread about the same situation, there are a ton of posts to search through if a noob is searching for an answer.

no offense, but common sense on a public forum would be nice. sure i could help, buy the OP could help himself much quicker and easier with a 3 second search.

Proper punctuation, spelling/word choice and capitalization were thought to be common sense as well. But here we are, looking at whatever that is I quoted. Sure I could tell you what you did wrong, but a little of your money spent on a proper education would help you more than being spoon-fed.

The real reason it gets annoying is that when everybody posts a new thread about the same situation, there are a ton of posts to search through if a noob is searching for an answer.
not many people actually do any searching. most people do the lazy thing and just make another meaningless post about something that's been gone over and over and over again. more times than not when i see a thread about a certain question, i can search and find the answer.

to the OP in this thread: sorry i didn't mean to be aggressive like i was. i should've used better tact and made my point a little more pleasantly. i bet next time you'll search for the answer first, though:) as for your questions i would just use the same tubing you use for racking and put that in your bung. at least that's what i do and it works fine. some hop residue might get in there but i've never had it get clogged. if you keep emptying your airlock and re-filling eventually your airlock will become completely clogged and it'll blow making one hellofa mess!

Back