just pulled the trigger on a new 8.8 freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrothersBrewing

Reaction score
sears.com for 258 dollars

ive been checking out all the chest freezer builds and i like the idea of the controller type similar to the johnson digital.

im sure someone has got to have one of these..

should i go with the hot.cold controller?

I got the Johnson controller from Keg Connection (along with just about everything else). I just sent them an email, and told them what I was doing. They got me a quote with kegs, perlicks, hoses, controller, etc. Good price, and very responsive.

if it is just for a kegerator just get the 1 stage (only control heating or cooling), if you want to control precise fermentation temps, get the 2 stage

if it is just for a kegerator just get the 1 stage (only control heating or cooling), if you want to control precise fermentation temps, get the 2 stage

+1, you only need the heat if your using the freezer as a fermentation chamber, and then only if your ambient temp could go below fermentation temp (freezer in garage in a northern state during the winter for example).

Back