What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can't just quote me and replace all my bitching with "*****, *****, *****." :p
I could see that being a disaster if it happened upstairs. Hopefully that never happens to you.
From what I can tell, the washing machine never stopped filling with water to start the cycle. It just continued filling and overflowing.

That happened to me once/twice(not washing machine) but in an apartment so it wasnt my problem:tank:

also a bomb will be landing on someones porch today *cough*initybrew*cough*

TNGabe said:
If you already have the (completely unnecesasry) 2nd set of equipment, nothing to worry about. Lactobacillus is all over everything, normal sanitation procedures take care of it just fine. I've made some good sour mash berliners and some less good ones. The only batch I dumped was when I tried to sour the wort with grain. That was bad. Oh so bad. Corpse bad.

Yeah, I know the second set of equipment is unnecessary. But I had quite a few fermenters and a second bottling bucket anyways, so I just decided to stick with sour beers in them. I can't brew enough to keep all my fermenters full anyways, so it doesn't take them away from other uses.
You posted your sour mash technique somewhere on the forum, didn't you?

Yeah, I know the second set of equipment is unnecessary. But I had quite a few fermenters and a second bottling bucket anyways, so I just decided to stick with sour beers in them. I can't brew enough to keep all my fermenters full anyways, so it doesn't take them away from other uses.
You posted your sour mash technique somewhere on the forum, didn't you?

It's mostly homebrew stores that started the rumor that you need 2 sets of equipment. Helps their bottom line they make more off gear than ingredients.,

An empty fermenter is a waste of money, fill em up!

Channel66 said:
It's mostly homebrew stores that started the rumor that you need 2 sets of equipment. Helps their bottom line they make more off gear than ingredients.,

An empty fermenter is a waste of money, fill em up!

Atleast I've only paid full price for one carboy. All the others I either got ridiculously cheap or for free.
I wish I could keep them all full.

Oh, and on topic, I'm drinking coffee.

WesleyS said:
Yeah, I know the second set of equipment is unnecessary. But I had quite a few fermenters and a second bottling bucket anyways, so I just decided to stick with sour beers in them. I can't brew enough to keep all my fermenters full anyways, so it doesn't take them away from other uses. You posted your sour mash technique somewhere on the forum, didn't you?
Yup, it's more of a rambling narrative than a technique. It's even in the recipe section and not lost who knows where in this thread.

I coulda sworn I posted these last night. Either way, I had both of these last night. I was really impressed by the summit oktoberfest. Probably one of the better oktoberfests ive had. Also really enjoyed the autumn ale by breckenridge. There is a nice slight hint of roast and spice that isnt overwhelming

2013-09-23 18.25.00.jpg

2013-09-23 21.06.55.jpg

Waiting on the coffee to heat up again. downright chilly here this morning. Fermenters down to 67 & 68,respectively...oh darn...:drunk::D
Just wish I'd had the money to get the BB filled with a 3rd 5G batch. It'd be a first for me to have 3 batches going at once. Oh well,soon my love,soon...;) And that hint of roasty thing you speak of could well be melanoiden malt. It tastes like toasted bread to me. Used half a pound in my two PM IPA's last week. Man what a difference from that lil bit of chocolate malt!...

Water. Thinking I had five miles in me again today was a little insane. Rerouted and settle for three.

After about 6 guiness' and a couple of buds, a jack and ginger and one or 2 SA oktoberfests. Im finally home with what ive been looking forward to!

Ghandi bot, in my ghandi bot glass. Hopes its as good as i imagine. Thanks again Rem.

Holy crap i suck and i provably have an IQ of 50 after so many beers. Only explanation for my forgetfulness.

After about 6 guiness' and a couple of buds, a jack and ginger and one or 2 SA oktoberfests. Im finally home with what ive been looking forward to!

Ghandi bot, in my ghandi bot glass. Hopes its as good as i imagine. Thanks again Rem.

It is great! enjoy :mug:

You ever crack any of those brews I sent? ) lol

tripplehazzard said:
You ever crack any of those brews I sent? ) lol

Are you kidding me?!? I suck at posting the majority of brews i drink but i posted a ton of the ones you sent me. Both of your homebrews. The fresh squeezed IPA from
Deschutes, the moosedrool, one of the two hearteds from bells, the mirror pond PA from deschutes and the 80 acre hoppy wheat from boulevard you sent me. I probably posted 90% of what you sent me! The other stuff i havent even drank yet. Still have the black butte and the long strange trippel. Im goin to crush the porter soon. And give the boulevard trippel
Some time to age. Cant wait to set up anoyher trade with you man. Thanks again for the great brews Kendall!

Alchemy Cockleroy "black IPA"

ForumRunner_20130924_223039.png

Still too roasty for a black IPA, still very nice. I'm going to call it a hoppy porter...

The roast aroma and aftertaste is really strong, and there's quite a bit of coffee in there too. The hops are there too though. Piney.

Lol.. I figured. Haha. Im glad you enjoyed them :) I'm thinking trade soon again for sure.. maybe when the seasonal s change agsin.. boulevard s nutcrscker ale is to die for. But I'm not to hip on all the pumpkin shizz going around. I have tried a lot but they are just not my favorite. Damn .. sorry I missed those posts. . Slacking hardcore on here lately. . :rockin: I loved the clown shoes you sent.. ...oh .. I'm drinkin some saison 88 in the can!!!. Santa fe is doin it !! Bulldozerd.... turtle power!!

ForumRunner_20130924_164052.jpg

Lol.. I figured. Haha. Im glad you enjoyed them :) I'm thinking trade soon again for sure.. maybe when the seasonal s change agsin.. boulevard s nutcrscker ale is to die for. But I'm not to hip on all the pumpkin shizz going around. I have tried a lot but they are just not my favorite. Damn .. sorry I missed those posts. . Slacking hardcore on here lately. . :rockin: I loved the clown shoes you sent.. ...oh .. I'm drinkin some saison 88 in the can!!!. Santa fe is doin it !! Bulldozerd.... turtle power!!

View attachment 150137

I love sante fe brewing. I got to visit them this summer and enjoyed most of their beers. the only one I wasnt impressed with was their hefe. No banana or clove, or really any fruit at all. Tasted like a plain wheat beer

KS only has a few good breweries as well, at least tallgrass (the best one) is only 5 minutes away from me :D

There is one about to open up around state line and 135 th. Martin city brewing co. I'm watching it being built now. Supposed to be bigger than tallgrass.. so hold on to your pants. And man these guys do a killer pecan porter

I love sante fe brewing. I got to visit them this summer and enjoyed most of their beers. the only one I wasnt impressed with was their hefe. No banana or clove, or really any fruit at all. Tasted like a plain wheat beer

I hear you on that. This saison looks like bud when poured in a glass. But it's so easy to drink outta the can man.think this one is probably my favv from them

Back