Oxiclean snuck into my Iodophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fenrrris

Reaction score
So I was sanitizing bottles earlier and after I finished and poured the sanitizer out I realized there were some Oxiclean grains still clinging to the side of the bucket (same bucket I use for cleaning and removing labels). Seems I didn't rinse the bucket well enough. Any reason to be concerned? I'd hate to rinse and re-sanitize 60 bottles, but I definitely don't want the ol' Oxi in my beer.

Be concerned. How important is your beer to you? Re-rinsing and sanitizing your bottles again is a minor chore if it will ensure your beer is a s good as it can be, imo. Bottom line is I don't know what effect, if any, it will have. But mixing chemicals like that is never a good idea. At best, you're changing the effectiveness of both chemicals to an unknown degree; at worst the combination could be dangerous. You know you haven't sanitized correctly, so go back and do it the right way!

Yup, thanks for the advice. Just needed someone to tell me not to be an idiot.

Back