What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, where the heck is that???

I drove all the way to amity wine and spirits from hartford yesterday because people said they had it in stock, and it was sold out. They just got it in tuesday. went to some other places too, and they all were sold out. it was so frustrating.

ha ha, c'mon, man. Come to the crib!

My two local spots almost always have Gandhi. One of them doesn't even put it out on the shelves. :D

It's too bad NEBCO opens later in the day now that it moved across the street. I used to normally go for growler fills (on Selden) around 12:30 p.m. and would never have to wait in line.

I pet Eli for a few minutes and get my growlers filled. I'd be out of there 5 minutes later. Since they moved, that place has been a **** show. I haven't even been to the new location because it's so hectic there. People are lining up like it's the cheese line in the projects when I was growing up in the Bronx. I am not waiting 1+ hrs. for beer. I don't give a flocc if it's the world's best beer.

My friends have gone there a few times and have turned back home a few times because of those lines. Luckily, they don't live too far (Ansonia). It's only a 10 min. drive. I'm not going to wait. So, I make my friends go for me and they bring beer to the house. This is what's happening tomorrow for Super Bowl Sunday.

just tell me it wasnt amity wine, at least that would make me happy!

If you're driving that far for Gandhi, I can always grab some for you. My shops usually carry it, so it's not that big of a problem. I'm not too far from Ansonia, either. Which isn't that far from Amity Liq. in the first place. Let me know.

If you're driving that far for Gandhi, I can always grab some for you. My shops usually carry it, so it's not that big of a problem. I'm not too far from Ansonia, either. Which isn't that far from Amity Liq. in the first place. Let me know.

You really cant just say the name of the store, can you? Help this dude out and quite hoarding!

Drinking an Oscar Blues G'Knight. Great beer!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391107967.475768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

yesterday the line was nothing, opened at 3. I know the new sched sucks. Hopefully it will return to normal! But 3 on a wednesday i was in and out, and got a sample of supernaut.

I REALLY recommend trying the new version of sea hag. They changed it since they moved in to the new spot and got a new hop contract. They were saying its now made with simcoe, amarillo, and citra! Its soooo much better. Got a fresh growler of it yesterday, so while i struck out with gandhi, it wasnt all bad!!!

Exactly, no need to worry about all of us stealing "your spots".

No need to worry about that. Both get 3-4 cases of it and it's soon to be 7-8 each.

Gandhi is no Buffalo Sweat, so it's likely not to be extinct here in any of our stores due to the nonexistent demand for it.

Hop Slam. My house keeper probably thinks I'm some kind of alcoholic, since I cracked it open as soon as I got home, at 1 in the afternoon :)

You're in the right thread
at least ;)

No need to worry about that. Both get 3-4 cases of it and it's soon to be 7-8 each.

Gandhi is no Buffalo Sweat, so it's likely not to be extinct here in any of our stores due to the nonexistent demand for it.
I'd really appreciate it if you could help out mewithstewpid - he's sending Ghandi my way one he tracks some down. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I'd really appreciate it if you could help out mewithstewpid - he's sending Ghandi my way one he tracks some down. :)

I help everyone out. That's why I was put on this planet.

I am handling it off of this thread.

Had we gotten some Gandhi for you today, you would have received it on Monday. That's five-days old. Still pretty damn fresh.

Had we gotten some Gandhi for you today, you would have received it on Monday. That's five-days old. Still pretty damn fresh.

Awesome. :ban:

PM me your address and I'll send a small thank you pack from CO. might take awhile, but eventually something will show up..

I still want to know why so secretive. If there's no worry about you losing your "spot" then why not just say the name of the store? Isn't the point in life to share good beer all around?

Coke...wish I had put some rum in it.

I still want to know why so secretive. If there's no worry about you losing your "spot" then why not just say the name of the store? Isn't the point in life to share good beer all around?

Coke...wish I had put some rum in it.

That's not the case at all. If I want Gandhi, I can go to NEBCO which is only 12 minutes away. Who gives a **** if you guys want to raid my local stores. I didn't think sharing the google map URL, in-detail, on this forum, would benefit everyone who was NOT from Connecticut. Thanks for understanding, in advance.

I think finsfan made it seem that way and tried to call me out like I was on that route. But I am definitely not. I had already shared the information with mewithstupid, stupids. And anyone who has wanted Gandhi in the past has made the request and I have been able to fulfill that request many times. I thank you in advance for understanding this, too.

Are you people all pissed off at the world today or is it me?

That's not the case at all. If I want Gandhi, I can go to NEBCO which is only 12 minutes away. Who gives a **** if you guys want to raid my local stores. I didn't think sharing the google map URL, in-detail, on this forum, would benefit everyone who was NOT from Connecticut. Thanks for understanding, in advance.

I think finsfan made it seem that way and tried to call me out like I was on that route. But I am definitely not. I had already shared the information with mewithstupid, stupids. And anyone who has wanted Gandhi in the past has made the request and I have been able to fulfill that request many times. I thank you in advance for understanding this, too.

Relax. With a beer in your hand you shouldn't be so annoyed at me asking.

I need to figure out what to brew Saturday since my irish red isn't going to be here in time.

Definitely not annoyed. I've been drinking. But, so what? I am level-headed.

If you want Gandhi, all you have to do is ask and it'll be on your doorstep within a week. Not you in general; anyone. Why can't we all just get along?

Kumbaya and all that folks..

Airport now. Ice cream, not feeling like beer right now. Heading home, then probably packing for 36 hours straight before moving on Saturday. Luckily only 1 1-gallon full carboy to be moved, and the movers won't be touching that or most of my beer/brew gear.

Kumbaya and all that folks..

Airport now. Ice cream, not feeling like beer right now. Heading home, then probably packing for 36 hours straight before moving on Saturday. Luckily only 1 1-gallon full carboy to be moved, and the movers won't be touching that or most of my beer/brew gear.

Welcome to Crooklyn.

The only reason I said something was because it irked me that you wouldnt help out a great fellow member and seemed to be giving him the run around answer to his question. I apoolgize about making nothing into something, lets get back to drinking!

I just had a Dos Equis with a torta al pastor for lunch. Damn it was good! :D (not the beer)

One week bottle tester of my MO/Willamette SMaSH. The hops looked a little iffy when I used em (they were fairly old leaf hops someone gave me), but they smelled alright so I went ahead with it. Nope, pretty easy to tell the hops were too old. Drinkable, but not great.

The only reason I said something was because it irked me that you wouldnt help out a great fellow member and seemed to be giving him the run around answer to his question. I apoolgize about making nothing into something, lets get back to drinking!

I just had a Dos Equis with a torta al pastor for lunch. Damn it was good! :D (not the beer)

I see. But, when have I NOT helped someone out here? C'mon now with that nonsense.

Let's put this past us and start the floccing drinking. Stop the emo stuff.

You're in the right thread
at least ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

hahaha, dont worry, ill find some! It's supposed to be distro'd to the northern half of CT end of this week, so next wee should be able to get some.

and remmy kindly offered to help! he's a nice guy

Yo man there is there is great new style of beer you should check out. Its called not an IPA.

Its fairly new so it might take a while to catch on but you should try it some time if youre feeling adventurous. :D

F*** the world don't ask me for s***. And Everything you get, ya gotta work hard for it.

no no no, he did help me out! he sent me a PM right away! sorry i didnt see any of this sooner or I would have responded, working away in the lab.

anyways, onward!

yo man there is there is great new style of beer you should check out. Its called not an ipa.

Its fairly new so it might take a while to catch on but you should try it some time if youre feeling adventurous. :d

f*** the world don't ask me for s***. And everything you get, ya gotta work hard for it.

At least someone isn't on meds here. :D

lemme know what you think of hi-res. Other people's reviews seem to suggest it's pretty malt-forward

Definitely more hop-forward than malt-forward. I get a lot of pineapple and citrus from the aroma and initial taste. It tastes a little syrupy (yep, I made that up). Maybe the alcohol content has a little to do with that.

I could session this ****.

damn they get FW?! And let me know about that SKA imperial stout. I keep seeing that but not sure if I should pick any up.

Yeah, they get most of the FW beers. I'm not sure about that stout. I just read the can and it's brewed with grapes... Not sure if I'm gonna like that or not.

Yeah, they get most of the FW beers. I'm not sure about that stout. I just read the can and it's brewed with grapes... Not sure if I'm gonna like that or not.

WHAT?!?!?? I didnt know that. Glad I havent bought any yet then but maybe you wont be able to tell.

Latest posts

Back