American classic ale bitter after taste.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBoy19

Reaction score
So Its been a week and I wanted to check the SG. I did so and It was at the target. Instead of dumping I chose to drink my sample. It tasted fine up intil I swallowed it. Then I got an awful bitter after taste. I'm guessing it just needs more aging? The recipe even said to bottle to age 10 days to taste best. Just wondering if I messed something up? or if It just needs time. I'm guessing the latter.

Remember you are drinking warm, flat and young beer.... I tried to drink a hydro sample one time and that was enough for me. I still check for diacetyl if I am lagering, but see no need to actually drink the sample. Some people like to taste the changes, but I am not one of those people. Give the beer a week or so. You can taste it again then, but it still will be warm, flat, and kinda young. I find it better to wait till it's all carb'ed up before I pass judgement :mug:

Back