DC Area Group Grain Buy #12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, you're right. I just was using Bru'N Water and had a wrong selection which made it look like I needed more acid... My mistake. You can remove the Acid Malt split, unless others need it.

Actually, you're right. I just was using Bru'N Water and had a wrong selection which made it look like I needed more acid... My mistake. You can remove the Acid Malt split, unless others need it.

Acid Malt removed!

When in doubt, or using uncharted mash territory, make a test mash in a pot, with 1/2 pound of your grist mix and estimated salts/acid additions. Measure pH after 10 and 30 minutes, from a small sample, cooled to room temps of course, which is quick in some ice water. Then adjust accordingly (and proportionally) for the real thing. You can throw that test mash into your mash tun.

I've been wanting to start a PBW split for awhile, not sure why I never did. Just get some more, it doesn't go bad, and this is much cheaper than what you'll find anywhere else.

I've been wanting to start a PBW split for awhile, not sure why I never did. Just get some more, it doesn't go bad, and this is much cheaper than what you'll find anywhere else.

Yes, good idea, it's a much better deal than the brew shop's. We've had PBW here before and they went pretty fast.

Store it dry and cool, bagged in thick plastic and inside a tight closing container.

I still use my homemade PBW clone. Clocks in around the same price.

Missed out on the last group buy. Definitely in need of the following:

1 X 3440C Briess DME Pilsen Light 50lb

1 X 3441C Briess DME Golden Light 50lb

1 X 3400L Muntons Extra Light 55lb Box

Thanks!

Missed out on the last group buy. Definitely in need of the following:

1 X 3440C Briess DME Pilsen Light 50lb

1 X 3441C Briess DME Golden Light 50lb

1 X 3400L Muntons Extra Light 55lb Box

Thanks!

Added. FWIW, the SKU for Muntons E.L. is 3400C not L. Was that a typo?

None of my business really, just curious, when you brew that much, wouldn't all grain make more sense?

==> Could you pm me your email address where we can always reach you, a backup if you have one, and your first name. Thanks!

:off: anyone judging at the DC cherry blossom comp tomorrow? I met quite a few people at the last buy, but not everyone. Anyways, if your are judging or stewarding, come introduce yourself... I am currently rocking a shady looking goatee

:off: anyone judging at the DC cherry blossom comp tomorrow? I met quite a few people at the last buy, but not everyone. Anyways, if your are judging or stewarding, come introduce yourself... I am currently rocking a shady looking goatee

I just now saw this message. I was the Head Steward.

It looks like FHBS is doing it again. See below:

We did this sale last year and it was a huge hit with brew clubs and small breweries. This year we have 5 varieties of 11lb mini bales of leaf hops for pre-order. If you are interested please email me with your request and a zip code so I can calculate shipping and I will send a payment request for the hops you requested. We will pre-sale all of the mini bales before we bring the hops in to the shop, we expect these to ship to you at the end of April to mid May.

We have the following hops available:
Citra $175
Simcoe $175
Amarillo $205
Cascade $135
Centennial $145

Any interest from the group???

We did this sale last year and it was a huge hit with brew clubs and small breweries. This year we have 5 varieties of 11lb mini bales of leaf hops for pre-order. If you are interested please email me with your request and a zip code so I can calculate shipping and I will send a payment request for the hops you requested. We will pre-sale all of the mini bales before we bring the hops in to the shop, we expect these to ship to you at the end of April to mid May.

Citra $175
Simcoe $175
Amarillo $205
Cascade $135
Centennial $145

I'm still stocked up for this year, so I'll skip this time.
Are these 2014 harvest? Why didn't they sell them earlier?
Depending on shipping charges, this can be a very decent deal.

We still have the old spreadsheet you can use. It's in the Group Buys folder, not the one for the grain though, the other one.

Citra $175
Simcoe $175
Amarillo $205
Cascade $135
Centennial $145

I got that email too and it really is a good deal...saving about $7 a pound for Citra. If I wasn't sitting on a pile of hops I would definitely join in...

I'll take the last 10 lbs of PBW in this split.

10lb PBW50 PBW 50 lb

Probably add some grains at a later point.

id join in on the hops if i wasn't stocked up. i have a lb of every hop on that list already.

I would like to add Rahr Premium Pilsner 50lb to my order.

If the PBW split is closed, I can skip it, but if others are interested we can start a new spilt.

I'd like to add to the order:

1 x WEY1003 Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
10# PBW

Thanks!

I'd like to add to the order:

1 x WEY1003 Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
10# PBW

Thanks!

Welcome to our group buy!
All added.

Please pm me you first name, email address where we can always reach you, and a backup email if you have one.

Thanks!

I'd like to start a split, please:

WEY1017 Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

and I would like 15# of it, thanks.

so i screwed up my inventory...and have over 100lbs of munich :) and almost no pils. boo me.

I need 2 bags of pils RAH 1005

decided to take off Thursday to brew....im gonna do a wee heavey, and not sure on the second, but I have not limited myself on what to brew because of grain in....7 years? its a sad day!

decided to take off Thursday to brew....im gonna do a wee heavey, and not sure on the second, but I have not limited myself on what to brew because of grain in....7 years? its a sad day!

Not sure I understand. Isn't even the worst brew day still way better than the best day at work?

Sorry you feel being limited. Remember, much creativity comes from restraint, not abundance.

Besides, no-one out there in your neck of the woods who could spare a sack of Pilsner? If you lived closer I'd give you one of mine, just for the cause. And to make you feel better.

Don't have access to sheets for a couple days... is there an open DME split? If not, is anyone interested in a Pilsen split? I would take 10#.

Don't have access to sheets for a couple days... is there an open DME split? If not, is anyone interested in a Pilsen split? I would take 10#.

There was no DME split yet. Just started a new Light Pilsen one, with 10# for you.

Current Status:
We're at 22 sacks, 5 of them open splits with 175# to go.

splitting DME sounds like a sticky business, not something for plastic shopping bags.

I'm up for 10# of it.

splitting DME sounds like a sticky business, not something for plastic shopping bags.

I'm up for 10# of it.

We double bag it, unless there's a better vessel around. The one who takes the smallest amount gets to do the split, unless j1n is around, he's the DME master so far.

You're on for 10#.

Hey guys, just finished all my grain yesterday. When is this buy planned for or is it done? I'd like to get in on the next one if possible.

Back