First try at force carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrux

Reaction score
Set to 12 psi at 37-38f for two weeks. Beer was flat. Set to 20 psi for 3 days, then back to 12 psi. Now I get 3/4 glass of foam an 1/4 beer yet the beer is still flat tasting. Do I just leave at 12psi and hope it straightens out. Is it common to get that much foam and have beer still be flat?

It sounds backwards, but excessive foaming causes the beer to be flat. All of the carbonation comes out of solution. How long are your beer lines and what inner diameter are they?

Lines are 3/16 and about 8 feet long I just measured the line coming off top of keg to spout on beer tower

Beer does pour quite fast btw. Should I lower the pressure to 10

You shouldn't have to, but that would help some. I keep my beer at 12 PSI at 40 degrees and use 8" of 3/16 lines into my tower with normal head on my pours. I do notice that if i don't have my tower chiller on I get much more foam on the first 1-2 pours. Once the line is cold the foaming stops.

Latest posts

Back