Talk about mixing up my wort.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
Last night I brewed a hefe and it called for 1oz of leaf hops in the recipe.
After I'm done chilling the wort I start siphoning it into my fermentor with my auto siphon.

After A while I notice its having trouble because of the leaf hops. So I just dumped it in the fermenter. Then I said ya know what I want to try siphoning again maybe I can get it all out. So I dumped it back in the pot (I know stupid) Then this time It really got clogged. So I was forced to dump it back in the fermentor for the last and final time.

I know you are suposed to mix up the wort after its chilled but is this too much ??

no, it would only aerate the wort more, which is good for the yeast. Some people even suggest dumping your wort from pot to bucket back and forth to both aerate it and cool it down. As long as everything was clean and sanitized you are good, IMO.

Ok good. I don't think Im gonna use leaf hops again... Maybe it was cooled fast enought cause those things made it a pain...

Back