AHB Clones vs LHBS Clones which is better? I have had better results with...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW

Reaction score
the clone recipes from Austin Home Brew than with my LHBS. Curious if any of you have had similar experience/results?

I can't say clones for sure since my LHBS doesn't do clone kits, but I've had much better luck with AHB kits in general than LHBS kits. My LHBS has kits pre-made and I always wondered how long they'd been sitting on the shelf waiting for someone to buy them. Not sure if AHB makes them up to order, if they just do more business so they go through them quicker, or if they're just better at putting them together, but its hard to go wrong with any of the AHB kits I've tried.

Plus, with free shipping at $100 it gives you an excuse to buy a couple or pick up a few toys while you're at it :mug:

I have been to the actual AHS store. I got the feeling that everything is very fresh. They put every kit together after you order so nothing is pre made. I am on my second kit from them and have had good results.

Don't get me wrong I like going to my LHBS but when I take an ingredients list to them for a clone beer it just doesn't seem to turn out quite right. I am planning on doing a Hopslam clone or another Avery Maharaja clone soon and I think i am going to order my clone from AHS. Last year I did a partial mash Maharaja clone and it turned out to be one of my best beers. I actually had a homebrewer friend offer to buy one off of me.

Back