Brew Kettle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingShango

Reaction score
I'm finally setting up an all-grain system and need a "full size" kettle. I saw on WilliamsBrewing.com they have a "Brewers Edge BrewKettle." It says its stainless steel, but its 200 grade with .026" thickness. It comes with the ball valve already installed and it's nickel plated brass. This by far the cheapest stainless steel kettle i've seen anywhere and it comes with the valve installed.

My questions are: Does anyone have this kettle and what do they think of it? Also, i've always assumed thicker is better and this seems to be the thinnest of the kettles i've looked at. Finally, The only thing i've read about 200 grade steel is that it may be slightly more prone to corrosion. Is it really that big of concern?

Cost for me is a huge concern but i would really appreciate any feedback.

a bit on the light side, but it will last longer than most aluminum ones for sure. If you don't chuck it around, I'm sure it'll be long lived. Since it's weldless, you don't have to worry about that aspect of it, and the price is killer!

It looks a bit light to me also. I would check on the Megapots from Northern Brewer. You will pay more but they are heavy duty and strong.

Back