Introducing myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanD

Reaction score
Hi all i'm Ian from Norfolk in the UK. I'm currently brewing some lovely carrot wine at the moment plus a couple gallons of cider. It looks like a great site here with plenty of information. Hopefully the brewing will go to plan but if I need help with anything i'm sure I will get the answer here.

Cheers :mug:

Ian

Welcome Ian - carrot wine sounds so unusual!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Carrot wine is a very delicous wine that tastes a little like sherry. I had a taste of a batch a freind done and I was hooked. It's certainly worth a try! It's not my recipe but it goes something like this.

6Ilb sliced carrots boiled in a gallon of water until they are very tender. 2 oranges sliced. 2 lemons sliced. 4Ilb of sugar and a 100ml of white concentrate. oh and 1/2Ilb of wheat and 1 heaped teaspoon of yeast.

Basically boil the carrots until very tender. Then discard the carrots and pour the liquid on the sugar, oranges and lemons in a bucket and make it up to a gallon with water. Let it all cool until luke warm then add the concentrate, wheat and yeast. Ferment for 15 days stirring it daily then skim the top off and syphen into a demijon with air trap. Leave for about a year (the longer you leave it the better) and then enjoy. Phew

My freind has done some other wines like Parsnip and even banana wine which I have yet to try but I will give it a go.

Cheers

Back