On my Fifth Brew in 35 Days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batches_brew

Reaction score
Meaning my first batch isn't even ready yet and I'm brewing today. Am I going overboard? I just like the idea of having a variety of brew on hand. I still have ingredients for 2 additional 5 gallon batches.

Today's brew is a pale ale West Coast stylee (I hope).

6# Pale LME
1# crystal 20L/10L
Goleta hops to bitter and then Cascade: 1oz at -15 min. 1oz at flame out.
Safale US-05 dry yeast.

How does that look?

I'm still a huge newbie, but boiling these extracts and hops is becoming cake.

Thanks to this place because I learned a lot of things that saved me from a lot of headaches. Really cool forum.

Wow! I'm an idiot. :D

Now I'm cooling the wort. when I put a bag of ice in the tub, a bunch of it stayed together, so what do I do to break it apart? Punch it. It didn't break up but my knuckle is bleeding. At least I look like I've been out brawling so nobody will mess with me. ;)

Sorry if this is boring you to death. I'm just sharing. Tell me to get a blog or something.

Call it "Fight Club" or "Bloody Knuckles"... FYI, I just floated a corney of Ale that was brewed Aug. 3rd. It was a touch green, but went down smooth enough.

5th brew in 35 days? Sounds like we got a "Biermuncher in training."

Nothing wrong with having a nice pipeline setup. I wish I could do the same thing.

When I get into something, I really get into it.

Eagle-Logo.jpg

Call it "Fight Club" or "Bloody Knuckles"...

Hell yeah! :D

There is no such thing as going overboard in this hobby. Good to see that you are starting off on such a solid foot.

Welcome to the obsession! You'll soon be enjoying the results of this with lots of choices to drink. I started out a lot the same way earlier this year:
02/02/2008 - 03/08/2008: 7 batches beer; 2 batches apfelwein
04/15/2008 - 05/15/2008: 6 batches beer; 3 batches apfelwein

tom777 - I feel much better my self now, wish I lived close enough to help you get rid of some of that apfelwein.
batches_brew - It is always good to have a full pipeline, that way when you blow three kegs at a party you are not empty.

What's that, once a week, that's what I do. Brew every Saturday. You will be glad that your brews will be able to properly age since you have enough in the pipeline.

I'm right there with you. Started brewing in mid July and currently have the ingredients to do my 6th batch. Looking forward to having my pipeline stocked, and one of the big enjoyments for me is creating recipes.

Also love everything I've learned from reading HBT over the past month or so.

Back