What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drank Remmy's hb sculpin and my hb Conan Vienna while I bottled a batch of saison.

ForumRunner_20130807_233955.jpg

ForumRunner_20130807_234007.png

ForumRunner_20130807_234018.jpg

I just housed a monster ultra zero. Running late for work today. Kraussen clogged up airlock on my hefe and blew the top off. I've had a a couple close calls but never had the top pop. I quickly washed the lid and airlock the best I could and sprayed them down with sanitizer then reattached. i also converted to a blow off. I hope the beer turns out okay :(

How big us your primary? I've had the airlock get nasty from krausen but never close to blowing off the top of the bucket.

Cafe Bustelo while I get ready to go buy a bigger brew pot. Today is Pumpkin Ale day at my house.

Remmy said:
How big us your primary? I've had the airlock get nasty from krausen but never close to blowing off the top of the bucket.

6.5 gallon. My first 3 batches never had this problem. I'm thinking maybe the warmer weather might have something to do with it.

Swarley88 said:
Wasn't that a tasty treat? I just love how I can get it all day long and all my local stores carry a healthy supply of all Surly year rounders.

Now you're just bragging. ;)

MrNickVT said:
6.5 gallon. My first 3 batches never had this problem. I'm thinking maybe the warmer weather might have something to do with it.

The warmer weather could do it. I noticed that I don't even really need a blow off tube when using my fermentation chamber. Before, I always needed one.

Same here. I usually top-off to 5 1/8; sometimes 5 1/4. On the batch I just secondaried last night, I noticed the krausen got way up onto the lid. None of my previous batches had gotten that intense. OG was 1.078 and I got a reading of 1.016 yesterday. Pitched 100 billion cells - no starter.

Day of the pumpkin. I love pumpkin beers.

:mug:

:) does phantom really taste like heady?

There similarities in the nose, but I think most of the hops in Phantom were late/whirlpool additions (aroma is awesome.) I think they went less bitter so it didn't overwhelm the orange flavors. Ended up a very nicely balanced and easy drinking citrus DIPA.

*edit* - finishing my coffee before heading to the beach.

There similarities in the nose, but I think most of the hops in Phantom were late/whirlpool additions (aroma is awesome.) I think they went less bitter so it didn't overwhelm the orange flavors. Ended up a very nicely balanced and easy drinking citrus DIPA.

*edit* - finishing my coffee before heading to the beach.

I'd say it was pretty darn close (Heady definitely has a stronger aroma). That was one hell of a beer!!!

MrNickVT said:
I just housed a monster ultra zero. Running late for work today. Kraussen clogged up airlock on my hefe and blew the top off. I've had a a couple close calls but never had the top pop. I quickly washed the lid and airlock the best I could and sprayed them down with sanitizer then reattached. i also converted to a blow off. I hope the beer turns out okay :(

What yeast did you use? I had the top of bucket pop half way off, while using a blowoff tube with wyeast 1010. The thing fermented like an absolute beast I temp control as well had it at 66*. I couldn't believe it. My second blowout. First time with a blowoff tube though didn't think that was possible.

Edit* Also Im pretty sure youll be fine. The CO2 was escaping at such a rate that it probably prevented anything from getting in. My first blowout was exposed for around 8 hours and as soon as i got everything cleaned up and resealed, the blowoff tube activity started right up almost immediately telling me it was rushing out of the hole the whole time it was open. Good luck.

Oh and drinking some water with creatine after doing the 300 workout in 24:00 minutes flat. Definitely a monster of a workout. Giving the creatine another go for the first time in a long time. See if i see a difference in performance/energy over the next couple weeks. Self experimenting is fun with diet and workout routines.

Oh and drinking some water with creatine after doing the 300 workout in 24:00 minutes flat. Definitely a monster of a workout. Giving the creatine another go for the first time in a long time. See if i see a difference in performance/energy over the next couple weeks. Self experimenting is fun with diet and workout routines.

Hey Dave, where are you from?

Remmy said:
I'd say it was pretty darn close (Heady definitely has a stronger aroma). That was one hell of a beer!!!
But was it as dank and dense too? Or just aroma?
Dave37 said:
What yeast did you use? I had the top of bucket pop half way off, while using a blowoff tube with wyeast 1010. The thing fermented like an absolute beast I temp control as well had it at 66*. I couldn't believe it. My second blowout. First time with a blowoff tube though didn't think that was possible.

Edit* Also Im pretty sure youll be fine. The CO2 was escaping at such a rate that it probable prevented anything from getting in. My first blowout was exposed for around 8 hours and as soon as i got everything cleaned up and resealed, the blowoff tube activity started right up almost immediately telling me it was rushing out of the hole the whole time it was open. Good luck.
I used danstar Munich. I rehydrated it and pitched. Within hours I saw action. My last 4 batches my airlock has become clogged. I think from now on ill just use a blow off tube. Ill probably order another top as well just in case it's not as tight(seal wise)

Cheapo said:
Hey Dave, where are you from?

Queens NYC born and raised. Should be in my profile i believe. Why whats up?

More water with a nice egg and veggie omelette. Today is the first time ive ever posted on here about drinkin something non alcoholic. Weird

tripplehazzard said:
Finishing up cereal mash for my b-day brewday!
Happy happy b-day :D :mug: .... what is the birthday brew?[/QUOTE]

Quade - a wild quad with 4 grains. On decoction 1 now, finishing off the 750 of saison.

image-1000954548.jpg

I've got the next few beers planned. I usually do one clear bottle of Berliner per batch so I can see when it's done carbing.

Happy happy b-day :D :mug: .... what is the birthday brew?

Quade - a wild quad with 4 grains. On decoction 1 now, finishing off the 750 of saison.

View attachment 140384

I've got the next few beers planned. I usually do one clear bottle of Berliner per batch so I can see when it's done carbing.[/QUOTE]

happy birthday! enjoy brewing, i wish i could be brewing as well, this is my next brew, maple nut brown that is over 11 % :drunk:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f67/maple-nut-brown-high-gravity-293920/

Queens NYC born and raised. Should be in my profile i believe. Why whats up?

More water with a nice egg and veggie omelette. Today is the first time ive ever posted on here about drinkin something non alcoholic. Weird

Oh, just wondering. With the 300 workout and the name Dave, you sounded a lot like a friend of mine...who I would be very surprised to run into here hahaha

Hey DC I'm bottleing up that mead tonight after I get done with these trades I got going your next in line if your still down let me know.

Back