how long does your hydro test take?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
This is my first test. They said a couple days and its been a couple weeks. I called to check and they said a couple more days at least. Using a local welding supplier with on site testing...

So how long is your hydro turn around time?

Yeah mine was just a few days. Do you have a place that will just swap tanks? I swap, it might cost a bit more but there is no waiting and I can do it on my lunch hour and have a full CO2 tank that night.

In Indiana, for Airgas, they only test at one site. In Evansville. So it takes a month... be thankful you're not in a situation lime that, I guess!

Yeah mine was just a few days. Do you have a place that will just swap tanks? I swap, it might cost a bit more but there is no waiting and I can do it on my lunch hour and have a full CO2 tank that night.

Cost more? For my local welding place, swapping tanks costs less than refilling

I waited too long to swap once and got stuck with the hydro testing and it took a painful couple of weeks for me too. In fact, I think it was three weeks. This was at my usual LHBS and I kind of got impatient so they finally pushed their 'gas guy' to get it done. It's convenient to do it there but I guess going straight to the source is a better way to go if I have that problem again.

Gabba said:
Cost more? For my local welding place, swapping tanks costs less than refilling

But they won't bite the cost of the hydro. When I exchange one out of date they still charge the price of a hydro.. I keep my receipt and if I bring them another swap that expired while I had it I show the receipt and they honor it once within 5 years..

I'm with the others...exchanges are the way to go.
I've never had to wait for a fill.
I've never paid for a hydro.
They don't even check the hydro dates on exchanges coming in.
Most times they let me out back to pick the newest, cleanest exchange.

Back