Alabama Homebrew Felony Guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch78

Reaction score
Last year I read about the military veteran arrested for homebrewing in Alabama, does anyone have an update on his case?

This is the latest i found from the beer forum on the brewing network.

"News has been tough to come by, even locally. I have heard the guy is still free, and even has been looking into buying nano equipment to start a pro brewery here in Alabama. I can only assume that he no longer has a pending felony trial if he is doing that, but without first-hand information, I can't say for sure what happened. Maybe someone else will see this and give a better update."

This was posted, 03/09/2011

link:
http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/fo...id=fbf8b15aa38c20be65ce8f52e8c84066&start=112

I remember someone posting about where to get homebrew supplies awhile ago, and saying how its a felony in that state, I was somewhat shocked to learn this. Hope it wasnt that guy.Homebrewing is not a crime. Looks like that law got slipped through unnoticed.Kinda like how they "forgot to mention beer when signing the winebrewing laws decades ago.

Homebrewing is not a crime. Looks like that law got slipped through unnoticed.Kinda like how they "forgot to mention beer when signing the winebrewing laws decades ago.

Hahaha. No.

It is indeed a crime and it did not go through unnoticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they have no clue.Geeze i beleive we have cookouts cooking our own meat with ingredients from a store.And host these events.Put a law on homecooked food to while they are at it. Bann homeade bread we could be feeding the 5000 like Jesus.
Ha , i meant unnoticed like nobody in that state must care much about the law and people that know nothing about it make the laws.

Back