liquid fruit flavors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdbrewer

Reaction score
I just recently picked up some fruit flavorings (liquid) from a local brew shop, and I plan on experimenting with all of them, so I don’t want to just dump ¼ of the bottle in the bottling bucket like you normally would. Has anyone used an eye dropper to flavor bottles individually? I’m bottling in 22 oz bottles. I know it’s a matter of taste, but I’m interested to hear if anyone else has done this and how many drops you used per bottle.

I can't really help you on how much to use, but I would suggest avoiding them all together. The only two flavorings that even slightly resemble that fruit are raspberry and peach. Cherry tastes like cough syrup. I highly doubt you'll be happy with the end results, but please post if it turns out good. I always like to hear if people have good experiences with them.

hmm thats dissapointing to hear. Well I bottled 12 22 oz bottles of sorghum beer last night, with blackberry flavoring, maybe I'll just wait and see how they come out. I did add about 6 drops to a 12 oz bottle and drank it flat, and it wasnt bad, but I'm wondering if that is because sorghum beer has such a citrucy bite, that it balanced it out. I'll post back in 2-3 weeks and let you know.

I used blackberry flavoring in a BB weizenbier kit. I added it to primary. It tasted fine in the bottle; had a pleasing flavor and aroma. IT sure as heck is a lot cheaper than the canned fruit sold at the HBS! Give it a whirl! N_G

Very true, it's much cheaper. I've never had the blackberry, but maybe the darker fruits may work a bit better. I've tried the apple, cherry, raspberry, peach, and a few others. Raspberry and peach weren't bad, but I wouldn't use them again unless cherries were rediculously priced.

Back