A new brewer is born !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon, after much sweating, scrubbing and stirring, amid steam and intense heat, another Homebrewer was brought into this world ! He's 70" long and weighs 7lb., 2,608 oz. He and the beer are both doing just fine.

O.K. A buddy of mine came over yesterday and we bottled a batch of my stout, then set about brewing an ale from ingredients he brought. This was his first brew. He tried the flat stout. It was his first dark beer. He's hooked . He's already looking for more guys to bring in so we can order ingredients in bulk and save on shipping. We're looking forward to many more brews, and a little "wine-ing".
This is a great hobby we have here, Bros. ! It seems that alcohol, or more to the point, the making and consumption of it , can add a whole new dimension to a relationship .
Tell me.... We work together. Do you think drinking green beer with a co-worker could cause problems on Monday? Does sharing a brew schedule count as nepotism ? Is it OK to talk brewing at work, as long as we get the job done? Is it OK to brew at work? Their kitchen is bigger than mine.:D And nobody really cares...

Yes to all but brewing at work. You should start a brew club, or join one in your area. Sounds like a great start. Good idea for buying in bulk, and also try to get them to pitch in on bigger and better equipment.

sudsmonkey said:
Tell me.... We work together. Do you think drinking green beer with a co-worker could cause problems on Monday?

Guess that depends on what you end up talking about after a bunch of green beer. :D I've occasionally been known to talk about the three no-no's (sex, religion, and politics) after I get a few in me. If I happen to be drinking with a co-worker (or my boss), that can make Monday's a little uncomfortable. :eek:

"Ah - he was drunk too. Maybe he'll forget I said anything at all." Heh heh!

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
I've occasionally been known to talk about the three no-no's (sex, religion, and politics) after I get a few in me.

Are these three separate conversations, or do you just knock them all out at once by talking about f*cking the pope? :D

-walker

Oh Walker ! You sacreligious, nasty Superfreak ! That WAS good, though.
My buddy is buying 2 6.5 gallon glass carboys tomorrow. Getting them for $13 apiece from our local junkdealer. Not a bad start. We're trying to organize the other interested people we work with. So far , we have 2 more, maybe three. I think three people counts as a movement, doesn't it ?

Walker said:
Are these three separate conversations, or do you just knock them all out at once by talking about f*cking the pope? :D

. . . with a copy of the Bill of Rights . . .

No need for the Bo'R. If you've got the pope involved, you've already got more politics than you need.

-walker

Well, if you want to get nit-picky there are plenty of sex scandals in his organization as well. He's a one-man social taboo!

good point! you just have to say "Catholic Church" and you have sex, religion, and politics all at once.

-walker

Latest posts

Back