Shipyard Pumpkinhead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
I just came back from a local restaurant and was suprised to see little cards on the table for Shipyard Pumpkinhead ale. Of course I had to try one. It's a wheat beer with a great cinnamon/nutmeg taste, not too overpowering. Has anyone else had one of thse?

I went on a huge kick pf pumpkins last year and sampled every one I could get my paws on. Bought several cases of Buffalo Bill's. I like that best; my fiance loves Punkin' Ale by DFH. DOn't believe I had the pleasure of trying this one.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Shipyard (unless you get it on tap at federal Jacks restaurant in Kennebunkport, ME ) the pumpkinhead is pretty good stuff, I would love to try that @ the brew pub in Kennebunkport. It seem like this year there is a ton of pumpkin beers out there. I would love to hear how the others are too.

LOL, a New Englander who doesnt like Shipyard?!?!!

Just kidding with ya, we all have our tastes. Personally I like Shipyard's brews. By the way, which brewpub in Kennebunkport are you talking about? Federal Jack's? Let me know so I can check it out.

Im in the Saugus area, and there isnt any brewpups in this area, except for the Salem Beer Works which I havent check out yet. What other brewpubs do you frequent?

Yes its Federal Jacks in Kennebunkport. The cask conditioned beers are good on tap there and the blue fin stout on tap (nitro) is good. In the bottle I really don't like their beers. Smuttynose I love. I frequent Maine in the summer so there isn't much I havent tried up north, stout and porter being my favorites. If I really want to treat myself I go to the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson, Mass. 75 beers on tap, Its probably an hour from you though, none the less excellent. What are your New England Favorites, other than Shipyard?

bandt9299 said:
What are your New England Favorites, other than Shipyard?

All Sam Adams brews, Tremont Ales, Whale Tale Ale, and Harpoon UFO.

Back