Why do all grain when LME/DME & Partial Grain so EASY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With some people I do wonder...

Why cook when you can just order out, get delivery, etc... :drunk:

Brewing (and cooking great food) takes effort, skill, and some capital which counteracts the whole 'cheap' factor.

But it's satisfying.

Brewing (and cooking great food) takes effort, skill, and some capital which counteracts the whole 'cheap' factor.

But it's satisfying.

I started to help my father cook when I was about 8. When I was 14, I was cooking full meals for myself, mother, and sister (when she was home from college). That's when my father was getting our new house ready and while we sold the old one (moved from MA to FL *shudder*). So, if you count age 14 as the time when I was regularly cooking, I've been doing it for over 28 years. Since I learned from my father, I didn't use recipes, or at least not ones made by others. Even out/his recipes are very broad in measure. It was always more 'fly by the seat of your pants' type deal with him, so then me. I've had more than a few people tell me I should open a restaurant. Like I want THAT kind of headache. :rolleyes: I've worked at a few, so I have an idea of what the management aspect [alone] is like. No thanks.

Basically, for me, it comes down to both cooking and brewing are fun. Plus, I use them as creative outlets. I doubt I would feel this way if I didn't have the time cooking with my father growing up.

BTW, my nephew also really likes to cook. I'm hoping that, one day, he'll also get into brewing. :D

Back