What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stillwater Classique
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392004147.030273.jpg

Crisp, clean taste. I like.

Dang it. I think Im going to miss out on Hopslam this year. Not really my favorate, but you never know I may be thrilled about it this year. Trying to forget about it with my last and final Fuggles IPA. Think I used wlp060 on it and quite a bit of fuggles for my batch size. I get a lot of fruit, and its like fruit dankness really. Ripe resinony fruit. Minty also. Fruity,kinda spicey flavor too. Way better than Shipyards too. I will miss this one. Impressive aroma for how long ive had this, bittering seems more pale ale though. I believe I used organic fuggles and think it is differnet than other fuggles. I think that with other sources of other hops like cascades also for example ,different regions, etc.. We all know they can vary. the ones I have got have proved to be potent and fresh, that's for shure. Its a hop I like but one I would like to play with others. Really enjoyed this batch though. One I happened to make better than my others.

IMG_20140209_224950555_HDR.jpg

Airport coffee.

Degassed and added another staggered nutrient addition to my mead this morning at 4 am. Looks like it's fermenting away nicely. One more nutrient addition next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hey nuke, maybe I missed the post, but how did Homebrew Alley go for ya?

Hey nuke, maybe I missed the post, but how did Homebrew Alley go for ya?

You didn't miss the post. I didn't win anything and I don't know my scores since I had to leave before the awards ceremony. Hoping to get my score sheets back this week, but last year it took like 2.5 - 3 weeks.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

Drinkin. This while i wait for my yams to cook. View attachment 178337
Also i just did this to 26 bottles of beer. Is it as big a pain in the ball bag to take off when i want to reuse these as i think?View attachment 178338

I hate bottle wax. I hate it slightly less now that I know to put the bottle in the freezer for a little while to get wax off. I'm unfamiliar with wobrien's magic wax, but the freezer trick works great.

I used the wax pellets that they sell at my LHBS. I pop the top the same way as a non waxed bottle and the wax peels right off the bottle too. Couldn't be easier.

Sent by a cellular communication device

High roller.

Those rankings are spot on!

Coffee after shoveling and working out. About to drag the kid up to the bus stop - school is open! :ban::fro::ban::fro::ban::fro::ban:

Weather still sucks up there?

Some off brand energy drink that is not very good... I know they are bad, but my acid reflux is acting up and coffee makes it worse and I am a very unpleasant person without my caffiene.

Some off brand energy drink that is not very good... I know they are bad, but my acid reflux is acting up and coffee makes it worse and I am a very unpleasant person without my caffiene.

You should be able to get your hands on some cactus juice right? I've heard that has some wake up qualities.

Coffee.
Woke up completely freakin sick this morning. This is going to be a sucky week.

You should be able to get your hands on some cactus juice right? I've heard that has some wake up qualities.

Hell, you would think I could since those damn things are all over here... I will have to look around, I haven't heard of that before but now you have me curious. Thanks!

Some hb hefeweizen waiting on my mash .. mashed a lil lower than I wanted! Damn cold grain! !

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Some hb hefeweizen waiting on my mash .. mashed a lil lower than I wanted! Damn cold grain! !

Thats why I always overshoot my mash temp. I can easily add a little cold water or stir until I get down to my temp. Its harder to bring it back up though. What are you brewing?

Im brewing a bourbon stout. .. biggest beer I have done. I left my grain in the car and forgot about it over night. It was freezing cold when I needed it. I always overshoot too. I wasn't expecting it to bring my temp down that much. Under about 3○ oh well it may be a little dryer than I wanted

Im brewing a bourbon stout. .. biggest beer I have done. I left my grain in the car and forgot about it over night. It was freezing cold when I needed it. I always overshoot too. I wasn't expecting it to bring my temp down that much. Under about 3○ oh well it may be a little dryer than I wanted

Depending on how big the beer is going to be, that may be to your advantage. I mash relatively low on my big beers to make sure it ferments out fully. My 11.5%abv RIS had an FG of 1.020

Good luck! I'm jealous... Happy brewing

Water. Lunch. And a gravity sample of my latest IPA.

Drinking more coffee while working from the car and playing the roll of taxi driver for my wife's errands today. Not easy to operate a laptop while driving and hosting a conference call. Thank god there's no need for a webex.

Don't know how far away that is from NJ but, I'd drive a few hours to be there to help with that brew. :D

Back