M.S. degree = complete!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmulligan

Reaction score
Woo! Just heard back from my advisor that I am officially finished with my M.S. degree. Papers are signed, thesis is in to the library for binding, and I don't even have to worry about this thing again.

Did I say woo?

WOOOOO!
(it took me 5 years to finish this, I'm excited)

Time to chill some newly carbonated IPAs and celebrate! :mug:

Woo! Just heard back from my advisor that I am officially finished with my M.S. degree. Papers are signed, thesis is in to the library for binding, and I don't even have to worry about this thing again.

Did I say woo?

WOOOOO!
(it took me 5 years to finish this, I'm excited)

Time to chill some newly carbonated IPAs and celebrate! :mug:
Ahhh... memories. It took me about 5 to complete my Masters in Computer Engineering. It's hell working and going to school. Congratulations. You deserve it.

Thanks, JustDave!

It's hell working and going to school.

THE WORST.

There is nothing so unpleasant as working all day and coming home to work on a research paper you just couldn't give two poops about. I'm glad we're both done! :D

Is that a Master's in Public Administration (yes, I cheated and looked it up!)? Good luck with your studies too!

Ha, yes it is. I am completing coursework while working full time. Not one of the best idea's I have come up with but it's getting me there.

Thanks.

Did someone say Woooo? because I think this thread needs a

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :mug:

Congrats! I just graduated on the 17th (undergrad) SOOOO glad to be done (for a while..maybe :D )

Thanks, JustDave!

THE WORST.

There is nothing so unpleasant as working all day and coming home to work on a research paper you just couldn't give two poops about. I'm glad we're both done! :D
Heh. It will take you at least a year to get used to NOT dealing with school. Seriously. Don't worry though, you will fill it up with new hobbies, brewing, TV, etc...

Heh. It will take you at least a year to get used to NOT dealing with school. Seriously. Don't worry though, you will fill it up with new hobbies, brewing, TV, etc...

Filling my new spare time is not the issue.... it's FUNDING my new spare time (and subsequent brewing). Sounds like it's time for me to ask for a raise due to my newly educated status... :D

Filling my new spare time is not the issue.... it's FUNDING my new spare time (and subsequent brewing). Sounds like it's time for me to ask for a raise due to my newly educated status... :D

There ya go. It should be good for something besides hanging on the wall!! :D

Congrats!

Yes absolutely. You are worth a lot more now (Perhaps 10-20k more). I took the raise that my company gave me (which was not enough.), left and made even more with a new company.

I'm not suggesting you do the same. I just want you to realize that you have options.:)

Applause2.gif

Congrats! I just got my MA in Educational Leadership (kinda an oxymoron :p)
Graduated May 18th. Did mine in 2 yrs. Yes, 2 years. I was a monster to live with.

Now I have to decide if I REALLY wanna grow up:drunk:

Congrats. I'm starting my masters in the fall + working fulltime too. Sounds like its gonna be a blast!

Congrats, and another WOOOO HOOOOO for you!

(2 more years before I get called Dr...... Thats going to be sweet :D)

I was a bit sad when I finished my MBA. It was a nice quiet interlude between my Navy time and a 'real' job.

congrats! i just finished my masters in bass performance, on the third. it feels like a huge weight is off of my shoulders. i hope everything goes well for you! good luck!

(2 more years before I get called Dr...... Thats going to be sweet.

That is the next hurdle to decide whether or not to tackle. Good luck, I hope the disseration goes well.

And congrats to all the other graduates - this is quite the educated bunch on HBT. I'm not surprised... who else would enjoy fine beer? :mug:

I celebrated my triumph by brewing up BierMuncher's Sterling Gold... excellent way to cap off the weekend.

That is the next hurdle to decide whether or not to tackle. Good luck, I hope the disseration goes well.

And congrats to all the other graduates - this is quite the educated bunch on HBT. I'm not surprised... who else would enjoy fine beer? :mug:

I celebrated my triumph by brewing up BierMuncher's Sterling Gold... excellent way to cap off the weekend.

Don't do it!!! Just kidding. I'm finishing up my 4th year of doctoral work now, and it's starting to wear on me, it seems like it's never going to end.

There is nothing so unpleasant as working all day and coming home to work on a research paper you just couldn't give two poops about. I'm glad we're both done!

No not quite- There is nothing worse than coming home to 2 kids and several pets who all incessantly need your attention. Then feeling like youve ignored your wife for the last 2 years........

Gratz on finishing!

I did two of them while Active Duty.. The Navy sent me to one full time (at war college) and I spent my evenings getting one I could actually use when I got out.. I think my dog forgot who I was that year, My wife joked that we spent more time together when I was at sea.

No not quite- There is nothing worse than coming home to 2 kids and several pets who all incessantly need your attention. Then feeling like youve ignored your wife for the last 2 years........

True, you've got me beat there. I think I have the distinct advantage of being female, meaning the significant other I ignored for several years was just pleased to have free time to hang out with friends and play video games.

Congratulations, man! I'm working on mine right now and it's a b!tch and a half, and it's really done a number on me. I'm close to the end, but it's so daunting still. :(

budbo- Commander or Captn?

Commander, My Choices were back to a carrier or Retire... I have 7 Deployment (6 monthers) and 5 overseas service ribbons (long tour for AF, Navy only gives 1 per year).. I was Done.

The only way I was going to make CAPT was Change designators that would have meant even more sea time

Being a Contractor is much more rewarding :)

Awesome- What no Glory~?~? lol Where you a Pilot?

I keep having guys ask me to become a contractor. No one has made a solid offer as of yet.

Awesome- What no Glory~?~? lol Where you a Pilot?

I keep having guys ask me to become a contractor. No one has made a solid offer as of yet.

Let's see Change, of designator = loss of flight pay ($840 per month)

Contractor = 6 figures plus retirement pay.. wasn't all that hard a choice

They won't make formal offers until you are getting out.. if you know any computer Techie types with a degree that want to be in DC area (So MD) send them my way we are looking for 2.

Back