I have limited space...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have limited space and working on my first batch. I've been using a clothing tub with ice water to keep my primary and secondary cool. I would like to get a 9 or 10 cu. ft. fridge. Is there a smaller ( foot print size) fridge i could use for those steps?

Why? Is the swamp cooler method not working well? I use a 60qt igloo cooler to keep my carboys cool, and I mean cool, around 60F and I live in Phoenix! I'm sure you can fine a thread on converting one, it's cheaper than having a fridge and works really well.

well, with the fridge he could truly have a cold chamber for lagering and cold crashing beers for clarity.

You might wanna look for a really small chest style deep freeze. a 5.4cu model is about 2 feet deep and barely 2 feet wide, and would be able to hold 1 carboy or bucket.
you would need a separate temp controller (about $50 new).
you'd be able to store almost a case of bottles in there at the same time, although ale temps it wouldn't matter, lager temps would give you cool/cold drinkable bottles :)

Back