Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blizzard said:
Oh geez. I knew I should have read that again before shipping. Sorry!

Psshhhh. Like I'm worried about it. Happy with everything I got. I'll be sending some homebrews though. Maybe next time Blizzard.

1 of 20 has landed. And ive received word that one more has shipped. Expected landing dates for all currently known packages:

6/28/13
7/1/13
7/1/13
7/2/13

25% have shipped so far!

Everything is officially packed. Thanks to the man I will not be using the poor man's method to shipping but rather the scavengers. As I promised I used his exact method/materials. Should have all shipping info out before noon tomorrow.

Everything is officially packed. Thanks to the man I will not be using the poor man's method to shipping but rather the scavengers. As I promised I used his exact method/materials. Should have all shipping info out before noon tomorrow.

Please tell me about this method. My last shipment, also my first trade, may have been overkill on the packing. The package, with just eight beers, ended up being large enough to cause me to ship ground instead of the intended 2nd day air. I was a little embarrassed when the beer I received safely arrived in a USPS flat rate box.

Please tell me about this method. My last shipment, also my first trade, may have been overkill on the packing. The package, with just eight beers, ended up being large enough to cause me to ship ground instead of the intended 2nd day air. I was a little embarrassed when the beer I received safely arrived in a USPS flat rate box.

There is nothing special to it. Normpeterson and I did a trade, everything made it safe but norm didn't use any packing material. I just advised him to maybe use some bubble wrap and packing paper next time to minimize the chance of breakage.

I know a broken package is a huge pain. Not to mention the loss of money. I didnt want him to have to go through that. I just keep reusing packing material from other traders. Haven't bought any in a long time.

I actually sent norm an odd shaped box that was made by using two boxes lol. I was trying something new. But the insides were the same as I always do, bubble wrap the bottles and make sure there is enough packing paper in it so that nothing shifts when shaken.

1 of 20 has landed. And ive received word that one more has shipped. Expected landing dates for all currently known packages:

6/28/13
7/1/13
7/1/13
7/2/13
7/3/13

One lands today, so check your doorsteps!

Also, today is probably the last day to ship and still get beer to your recip and give them a very happy july 4th with an extra reason to celebrate!

Wow, what a surprise...the one package landing today was going to me!

I could not be more thrilled too. Thanks jglazer! I'm dying to dig in to these.

ForumRunner_20130628_094631.jpg

Ohh I got THEMAN! Hmm...lemme back up a bit and see which DIPA you are sending me exactly :D

Ohh I got THEMAN! Hmm...lemme back up a bit and see which DIPA you are sending me exactly :D

Haha, actually you don't necessarily get aligned with the same person sending you beer...so your stuff could be from me, or could be from someone else.

Keeps it more interesting haha. I literally draw names from a hat and who you get, you get. Unless you are in the same state or next state over. Then I have to redraw.

I think between both of these swap o ramas it has only happened once where two guys got each other.

I can't get mine in the mail until tomorrow, been a crazy week of overtime and getting ready for this wedding I'm in tomorrow. So I figured I'd post another teaser of a nice rare/limited release local someone will be receiving next week. This is a great beer:

brabos-cut-eda51ef7-b26b-4f61-a4f8-25d9b84307a7-600x318.jpg

I think between both of these swap o ramas it has only happened once where two guys got each other.

That's funny... when I saw who my package was from I thought that everyone else was exchanging packages with the same person.

Mine shipped out today.

I got mine out this morning. It's kind of a pain to ship things around here. They have these third party shipping places. When I walked in the guy acted like I was bothering him. Then he complained about too much tape. WTF. I just set up an account with ups to see if it's any easier.

I got mine out this morning. It's kind of a pain to ship things around here. They have these third party shipping places. When I walked in the guy acted like I was bothering him. Then he complained about too much tape. WTF. I just set up an account with ups to see if it's any easier.

so much, gotta have a scale but when you walk into the UPS store now with a labeled package you just drop it off and skip everyone in line! :ban:

2 of 20 have landed. Expected landing dates for all currently known packages:

7/1/13
7/2/13
7/2/13
7/3/13
7/3/13
7/8/13

Sounds like I should get a few more tracking numbers tonight or tomorrow.

Mine is in the mail and should arrive Friday. But all good things come to those who wait. Any of you beeradvocate snobs out there (you know who you are that won't try a beer until looking at ba) would be more than happy:D.

One more update. 2 of 20 landed. Gonna be a good Monday for 3 members!

7/1/13
7/1/13
7/1/13
7/2/13
7/2/13
7/3/13
7/3/13
7/3/13
7/5/13
7/8/13
7/8/13

That's 13 packages shipped and/or received so far. Nicely done!

dont forget to show off your beer hauls in the trade pictures thread in my signature, im sure you will have very nice beer to show off! :mug:

Back