toledo metal spinning brew dome conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBrewCo

Reaction score
anybody seen the new conical from toledo metal spinning ? (http://www.toledometalspinning.com/hopper/default.php) looks good in terms of price but im not sure how it compares to the blichmann model. Dosnt appear to have the lid hatch like the blichmann and im not sure of the racking arm rotates or not. However it does come with triclover fittings standard and they can customize anything as per your specs.
Thoughts...comments ?

How much does that hold? Not clear from that page unless I am missing it. The price looks a bit outrageous, honestly, unless that's 1 BBL.

The one on the page is 13 gal. I believe. My brother called to inquire about ocapacity increase and I believe they quoted him about $100 more for a 31 gallon capacity which could easy handle a 25 gallon batch. I'm still not sold though blichmann has proven quality and seems to have better features and more practical sizing.

Brew-dome-fermenter.jpg

It sure looks pretty.

Looks like Toledo got wise from brewers asking for cones then decided to test the waters and see if a fat profit can also be made like the Blichman fermenters.
The only way I would purchase would be the cone, lid, seal, latches with a dump fitting then finish assembled it myself.
The complete unit I find way too expensive at $1,300, Blichman 14.5 gal
w/tri clamps at $829, Stout Tank 14.5 gal w/tri at $450. JMO.

Stout makes some meeeeean kettles and mashtuns too. I really like that tangential inlet and the cone bottom. They do custom work as well...IIWM I'd get a bottom drain for CIP. They're expensive, but no more so than B3, Blichmann, or Sabco.

Back