IPA still bubbling after 14 days! sheesh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Only an OG of 1.055. Pretty normal until it started to ferment again after a 5 days off.

Not worried - just surprised it still had life. Might as well wait to take a reading for a few days!

Actually, all my beers have been still bubbling after 2 weeks in primary and 2 weeks in secondary. It's just excess CO2 coming out of solution. RDWHAHB:) What's the expected FG, and what is the SG right now?

Well - I have not taken a reading - I never do until I rack into the secondary - normally around day 15.

1.058 - missed it by 4 too low. Recipe calls for a FG of 1.008 - not sure how that is going to happen with American Ale 1056

Mini Mash

Extra Pale LME 5.5lb

2.5lb 2-Row
0.5lb Carapils
0.5lb Crystal 20L
0.5lb Munich

0.5oz Amarillo First WORT
1.0oz Centennial 60min
0.5oz Amarillo 60 Min
0.25oz Amarillo 40min
0.25oz Amarillo 30min
0.25oz Amarillo 20min
0.25oz Amarillo 15min
0.25oz Amarillo 5min
0.25z Amarillo Dry Hop day 6
0.25z Amarillo Dry Hop day - when I secondary

wow that looks like a good beer! I don't do Amarillo much, but love the use of Centennial, and of course Cara and Munich!

Have you had any major temp or weather changes in the past week? I'm wondering if pressure changes (cold front) could make her bubble up some stuff....you should be pretty much fermented at this point?! Keep us updated!

Actually Yes. I started another brew and the basement temp had dropped to 58. I turned on a space heater for a night as I had noticed the IPA carboy was sitting at 62.

The IPA carboy rose to 66 and I have to think this might have kicked started the yeast.

Not really a stuck fermentation but . . . . .

Did the krausen fall? Since you have a few brews under your belt, I know you aren't gauging fermentation based on the bubble burps. ;)

I have a brown ale thats been in my primary for over 3 weeks and its still bubbling.

But it is a little cold in my apartment

My Belgian is still going a bit. I had to transfer to secondary because my dog chewed the spigot on my bucket. Well, that kicked up the yeast I guess, because between that and moving it out to where it's a bit warmer, has made the airlock bubble again. It happens.

I'm thinking when I moved the carboy, added 4 degrees of heat I stirred things up.

I normally pay no attention to WHEN it fermentation stops. I pitch - wait two weeks, check the FG when I rack into a secondary and 100% of the time ( up until now) it was bang on the FG. Then check again before bottling and it's the same.

This time I was gazing at the pretty bubbles in the new brew and something caught my eye. Was that a bubble over there??? 30 seconds later - Bloop! SURPRISE!!

Krausen fell - I'm a little backed up with a lack of bottles so no hurry. Got a logistics problem in the pipeline!! LOL

Latest posts

Back