Red Bull Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spludge

Reaction score
Hey all, I wanted to share the Red Bull fridge I'm using as a kegerator.

It's a little on the booty-fab side, but it works :mug:

Initially, the keg was a couple inches too tall.
IMG_0315.jpg

Removed the basket
IMG_0312.jpg

Fan in the bottom
IMG_0313.jpg

Hole the fan draws air through
IMG_0314.jpg

I flipped the fan in the case, so it would pull through the hole in the top of the plastic case. I then ran a hose between, the fan will now pull the air through the hose and into the fridge.
IMG_0321.jpg

Everything inside
IMG_0326.jpg

Works like a charm!
VSCN0038.jpg

Eventually I will get rid of the picnic tap by building a lid and installing a tap :mug:

Right on! Where'd u get that from? I once "acquired" what i thought was a rockstar fridge from a local convenience store. Turned out to be just a cooler. Have you thought about mounting the tap to the front? It looks as if it may be too curved to get a tap to mount flush.

I have been looking for one of those to lager in.

Can you fit multiple cornies in there? A clear plastic tower would look sweet- maybe mount some rope lights in them :)

I looked at buying one of these awhile ago, but the guy wanted too much for it and wouldn't budge on his price. Pretty cool......

I got this one for free, when my old work stopped carrying Red Bull. I probably wouldn't pay more than $50 for one...

They are great for lagering, you can do it without any modifications using a plastic fermentation bucket. :mug:

I thought about a tap on the front, I think you could make it work. I am just not sure about drilling through, are there any coolant lines or anything I should be worried about hitting? It is not like a fridge door which has nothing in it...

A local boozestore near me has one of these in the back and i almost bought it for $50 a while back. The guy said he's in no rush to get rid of it and to come by when im ready to buy it. It's a Rockstar one.

I thought about hooking up a dual-stage thermostat and using a fermwrap to warm it up.

I have two ten gallon cornys. So one might fit in there just about perfect. Can you get the interior dimensions? Not sure the RedBull one is he same as the Rockstar one, but would be good to know.

I will get you the dimensions later tonight. Thermostat is a good idea, this one sits right at about 44 degrees w/o

Depth is 26" and the diameter is 14 3/4"

EDIT: These are interior measurements

I'm new to HomBrewTalk, and I thought I'd share my kegerator project. First, I must give credit to Spludge for inspiring me to give it a try. I've configured the inside just as Spludge described above. In addition, I've made a custom top with an attached tap tower. Below is the parts list and approximate prices for the custom top.

Single faucet tower - Free (from a fellow homebrewer)
Perlick faucet - $40 (kegworks.com)
Tower gasket - $3 (kegworks.com)
Chrome tap handle - $19 (kegworks.com)
1/8" thick x 16" diameter stainless steel tower base - $40 (from local metal shop)
Sheet of foam insulation for underside of stainless steel base - $8 (Home Depot)
Nuts and Bolts - $5 (Home Depot)
Gorilla glue to fasten foam insulation to stainless steel base - $6 (Home Depot)
Plastic drip tray - $10 (local brew store)

Total: ~$130

In short, I had a local metal fabrication shop cut out a stainless steel disc with a 1.75" diameter hole off center. This hole should be large enough to keep the beer in the tower cold. I used a power drill to make the holes for the tap tower, and then mounted it to the base using stainless bolts and lock nuts. Lastly, I cut out a 1" thick disc of foam insulation to match the inner diameter of the cooler section, and secured it to the underside of the base using gorilla glue. The bond between the foam and metal seems to be very strong, and has held fast when wedging the foam into the cooler section. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Kegerator_01.jpg

Kegerator_02.jpg

I have this exact fridge I "found" at work and brought home, also thinking of putting my kegs in there. Thing should help tremendously, I know if been a few years now since you posted and am wondering how has your fridge lasted? I would imagine the life of these are not to long, I was originally going to keep it as a collectors thing but then I thought... Why should I enjoy it and use it?

Hey all, I wanted to share the Red Bull fridge I'm using as a kegerator.

It's a little on the booty-fab side, but it works :mug:

Initially, the keg was a couple inches too tall.
IMG_0315.jpg

Removed the basket
IMG_0312.jpg

Fan in the bottom
IMG_0313.jpg

Hole the fan draws air through
IMG_0314.jpg

I flipped the fan in the case, so it would pull through the hole in the top of the plastic case. I then ran a hose between, the fan will now pull the air through the hose and into the fridge.
IMG_0321.jpg

Everything inside
IMG_0326.jpg

Works like a charm!
VSCN0038.jpg

Eventually I will get rid of the picnic tap by building a lid and installing a tap :mug:

Really cool! I'm glad to see someone followed through and made a nice one, well done!! :D

I'm new to HomBrewTalk, and I thought I'd share my kegerator project. First, I must give credit to Spludge for inspiring me to give it a try. I've configured the inside just as Spludge described above. In addition, I've made a custom top with an attached tap tower. Below is the parts list and approximate prices for the custom top.

Single faucet tower - Free (from a fellow homebrewer)
Perlick faucet - $40 (kegworks.com)
Tower gasket - $3 (kegworks.com)
Chrome tap handle - $19 (kegworks.com)
1/8" thick x 16" diameter stainless steel tower base - $40 (from local metal shop)
Sheet of foam insulation for underside of stainless steel base - $8 (Home Depot)
Nuts and Bolts - $5 (Home Depot)
Gorilla glue to fasten foam insulation to stainless steel base - $6 (Home Depot)
Plastic drip tray - $10 (local brew store)

Total: ~$130

In short, I had a local metal fabrication shop cut out a stainless steel disc with a 1.75" diameter hole off center. This hole should be large enough to keep the beer in the tower cold. I used a power drill to make the holes for the tap tower, and then mounted it to the base using stainless bolts and lock nuts. Lastly, I cut out a 1" thick disc of foam insulation to match the inner diameter of the cooler section, and secured it to the underside of the base using gorilla glue. The bond between the foam and metal seems to be very strong, and has held fast when wedging the foam into the cooler section. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Back