Maltodextrin brands

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimothyJennings

Reaction score
Hi all! I've lurked on the forums for a while, but this is my first post. Some of my root beer ingredients are running low, and I wanted to ask some questions before I made purchases.

What brands of maltodextrin do you prefer to use in your root beer? Is there any difference between brewing maltodextrin and maltrodextrin used for post workout shakes?

I would love to buy this 7 pound bottle of maltodextrin and not have to buy more for quite some time. However, I don't know if there's a difference between this type of maltodextrin and one that specifically says it is for brewing.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
don't see why not maltodextrin is maltodextrin, some just charge more when its under a different use, as in brewing. Looking at the ingredient list there isn't any additives.

There is often a brewer's mark up. Quit lurking about, buy it, and see what happens. Let us know!

I've ordered, and it should arrive on Monday. I'll let you know how it works once I make a batch with it!

Latest posts

Back