The Hop Torpedo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
This idea intrigues me: Sierra Nevada IPA/IIPA coming Jan 15th - BrewBoard

Basically, Sierra Nevada has been using a cylindrical container to run fermenting wort through to pick up even more essential oils. On a homebrew scale, this is probably impractical, but it's an awesome idea. Kinda like a low temp hopback that you use while the ferment takes place....

One of the last Zymurgy's talked about this as well. It was from the issue called "Hop Crisis? What hop crisis?"

Also, I was really hoping this thread was a video of you unclogging the chill zilla...

Sounds like they found a way to use the hops they grow themselves. Kinda like a using a randall during fermentation.

Sierra Nevada IPA is what got me into IPAs.

The description of the citra hops has really gained my interest...

I actually did unclog it and I have video.....youtube and photobucket kept failing on me when i tried to upload.

FWIW, I have good video of the unclogging, but I went inside for a second only to hear this "foom!" and I ran back out and it was unclogged. Figures. At least I don't have a worthless $180 chiller anymore.:ban:

Back