Cover the keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebeer

Reaction score
OK, I know this topic has been covered before...I did a short search but didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm looking at a keezer project. The freezer I've settled on is the Master Chef 7cf, b/c it's available at HD, will easily hold 4 kegs, and with an extra tall collar should do 6.

I would like cover it with some Waynes coating or similar. This particular model has the coils exposed on the back. Does that meant I can simply cover the walls? I'm assuming there would be no coils requiring airflow in the walls if the coils are exposed, but just want to check. I know I can mount the siding off the surface of the freezer and put a fan in for airflow, but I'd rather just adhere the siding to the freezer (this will be permanent, no need to convert back to plain freezer).

Do the sides of the freezer get warm when the compressor is working? If the heat is totally dispelled from the back coils, my guess is that no harm would be done covering the sides...just guessing here??

If the coils are on the back of the unit like you say then only the cooling coils run through the walls. You should be fine covering the outside.

Back