Philly Beer Week 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamo99

Reaction score
Philly Beer Week 2009

Philly Beer Week approaches again. What events is everybody interested in attending? As of now I'm hoping to get to:

Philly Craft Beer Fest - Night Session
The Brett Pack Dinner
Sly Fox/Southampton Firkin Off
Riverhorse/Khyber Lowbrow and Local Food Pairing
Stone Brewing Event

Should be an exciting week. Probably won't make it to everything I've listed, but could always end up at others.

Philly :rockin: Beer :ban: Week! :drunk:

Last year was the first year I participated. I went to this shindig at Penn Museum where there were probably 100+ breweries and just got to try everything. Is that happening again and if so, does anyone know the date? I CANT FREAKIN WAIT!

Edit: By the way, this is my first post. I've been trolling for a while, but decided to finally add something. Just brewed my first batch of IPA and really excited! Should be ready for bottling in 2 weeks!

So many good events, I'm not sure what I'm going to hit this year.

A friend did the brewer's plate last year and liked it quite a bit.

I live out in the suburbs and I'm gonna try and catch Magic Hat's new unveiling of their belgian chocolate stout at the Blue Dog Tavern on the 12th.

I'd also like to get to Sidecar Bar for when Bell's(3/8) and Founders(3/11) shows up

Anyone check out this place Local 44 / West Philly that just opened up this year? They are getting some pretty good stuff in for beer week, I got my eye on that Stone's Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. Also lots of Russian River brew that I haven't had a chance to try. Cheers.

Anyone check out this place Local 44 / West Philly that just opened up this year? They are getting some pretty good stuff in for beer week, I got my eye on that Stone's Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. Also lots of Russian River brew that I haven't had a chance to try. Cheers.

Good people involved in that one who care about beer and that neighborhood...support them if ya can!

Heads up: Tomme Arthur will be out at Capone's in Norristown from 3-6pm this evening.

Hopefully I'll get over there before he splits but I prb won't be able to get there before 6.

Back