Random Find: Powerswitch tail 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wh4tig0t

Reaction score
Just stumbled on this in my quest to find the end of the internet:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/268

Its is the Powerswitch Tail 2, a short power cable with a built in DC controlled relay. Seems like it would be really useful to someone controlling a fridge or pump with a low voltage DC circuit.

I was thinking about using this in my fermentation controller/chest freezer project, I would rather not mess with the AC. I was going to use Xbees to talk wirelessly to the freezer. From the computer you could program fermentation profiles and other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Now to just get started.

I was thinking about using this in my fermentation controller/chest freezer project, I would rather not mess with the AC. I was going to use Xbees to talk wirelessly to the freezer. From the computer you could program fermentation profiles and other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Now to just get started.

If you're thinking Xbees, think JeeNodes instead. Unless you already have the Xbees that is ;)

Jeenodes give you all that sexy wireless-ness, in a slick little arduino-compatible package at a much cheaper price point.

Back