Washing yeast that from a dry hopped secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am adding dregs from two orvals, and Brett Brux to secondary for a month for my belgian specialty ale. I am also dry-hopping either Saaz or Styrian Goldings too in it, I don't recall off hand which is which. Since it's like $12 worth of yeast I'd love to wash it.

Are there any issues to washing yeast from a vessel which also dry-hopped? Will it just not come out terribly clean, and I should just stick with like styles with it. Seriously, what else am I going to use a culture of Orval and Brett Brux for?

Are there any issues to washing yeast from a vessel which also dry-hopped? Will it just not come out terribly clean, and I should just stick with like styles with it. Seriously, what else am I going to use a culture of Orval and Brett Brux for?

I think you're safe if you rinse and not wash. Just proceed as normal if rinsing your yeast. Does that make sense?

Back