Northern Brewer Service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whelk

Reaction score
I've ordered some stuff from them in the past and had no reason at all to complain. I just received some stuff from them today (pyrex flask, DME, etc). I was thinking that it smelled sorta malty, when I opened it up and BAM, got hit in the face with a cloud of DME. The bag had a little hole in it, apparently. But I just called them up and without any kind of hassle at all they said a new one would be in the mail tomorrow morning. I know, not the most incredible tale of customer satisfaction, but I always expect the worst with that sort of thing. Nice to be proved wrong once in a while. :D

Thanks for the post. **** happens sometimes, it's just good to know that when it does, they take care of their customers quickly and without question.

Thats cool to know......I just ordered $100 of stuff from them today at like 1:00. got home and already have an email from them with UPS tracking info. Thats prompt!

Midwest brewing supplies is also a good one. They even made a dvd they'll send you for free. Its good for beginners. I just watched the section on wine making.

I love NB. I've only ever had one problem. I ordered a new gauge for my regulator. It came with a crack in it.

I called them up, no trouble at all, two days later I had a new one and they told me to keep the broken one.

I've never had a problem with NB or Morebeer! :rockin:

NB is great. I don;t order from them much because of the distance, but I've always had great service. I stop in at the store when I'm up that way.

My fave right now is Austin Home Brew. Killer service and really competitive prices.

I looked at NB, but the distance makes shipping more than other places. I just ordered another thing from midwest, I like their service. Their close so shipping isn't to bad. I've been looking at austin and might order something from there, but first I think it's going to be off to the LHBS where there is no shipping.

z987k said:
I looked at NB, but the distance makes shipping more than other places. I just ordered another thing from midwest, I like their service. Their close so shipping isn't to bad. I've been looking at austin and might order something from there, but first I think it's going to be off to the LHBS where there is no shipping.

Strange you say that because Northern Brewer and Midwest are both in the Twin Cities, approx 15 miles apart. And technically, NB is closer because it's on the east side and Midwest is on the west side of the cities.

veggiess said:
Strange you say that because Northern Brewer and Midwest are both in the Twin Cities, approx 15 miles apart. And technically, NB is closer because it's on the east side and Midwest is on the west side of the cities.
What website is northernbrewer? I did a google on it since I didn't know, and when I was looking at their stuff, I noticed it was out of Washington (state).

Back