need help with a wiring diagram....please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ok I have 2 Honeywell S8610U3009 Intermittent Pilot controls, a asco 8210g2 gas valve, a Honeywell vr8300 valve and a Honeywell vr8200 valve. I have 2 love tss2-2100 controls and a Auber SYL-1512A control. Does it matter what kind of transformer I get? I planned on putting the loves on the HLT and MLT with the Honeywell valves and spark ignition. I'd like to use the auber for only a temp gauge either on the BK or at the exit of my chiller. I have no pilots yet but plan on ordering them soon (just unsure which I need...waiting to order all remaining gas parts at one time). Would it be ok to use the asco valve on the BK and have it ignite by push button on the control panel? what other parts would this require? I will be recirculating my mash and have 2 pumps I want to be able to operate via the control panel...I am just looking to find out what would be the most logical way to wire this set up and if anyone see's a problem with what I'm trying to do. Comments and Suggestions are greatly appreciated and I don't mind paying for a detailed wiring diagram.....Thanks in advance for any replies!

Trying to automate this..

1409856089866.jpg

Here is a link to a diagram https://picasaweb.google.com/110297595278760536729/PanelWiringDiagram?noredirect=1#5507979690350514498,
as to the transformer, if mounted inside a control panel I would suggest a 100Va transformer. For the manual light burner you can use the ASCO valve and a standing pilot burner like a Honeywell Q314 series. I would check the Honeywell VR8200 valve because I believe that is a standing pilot model with 2 terminals for main gas valve. The Honeywell VR8300 series are dual valve models for use with Y8610 ignition module, and a Q345 pilot burner.

You are correct on the vr8200 model. Some of the parts I have were purchased when I had planned on a standing pilot system. Would the 8200 work on the Bk? I have to buy another 8300 anyway so if it does all my valves would match and I won't have that single green valve. I'm a little OCD. ...Thanks Again!

Go with another VR8200, LP conversion valves for Banjo burners from Brewers hardware, a Bernzomatic 200K LP 2 stage regulator from Lowes, Q314 & Q345 pilots and transformer from PEX Supply. By firing the BK while filling the total BTU output is not an issue when boiling, BK should just start to boil when sparging is done (~ 45 minutes).

i agree with the 8200 I did exactly what youre doing. i simply used a radioshack 120v to 24v 5A transformer. Those honeywell valves i believe draw as much as 2A when open.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back