Fischer Bottle Strength

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be bottling a Saison soon and want to use Fischer swing tops. This is a highly carbonated beer. Any experience with the strength of these bottles? Chance of bottle bombs?

No problems. I have a huge collection of Fischer & Grolsch swingtops that have been re-used a gazillion times, occasionally getting grossly overcarbonated during my noob days, and never an explosion. My only exploding bottle incident was with the standard 12-oz re-used longnecks (my brew partner's wife was not pleased pulling shards out of the laundry room ceiling).

I've only had one bottle break on me so far......and evidently, it was a Fischer bottle..BUT...i think it must of had a small crack in the bottom and once the carb pressure built up, then it just gave away...clean break....only one out of the batch....That's why i figure it was a damaged bottle and i didn't notice when bottling.

Use em if you got em though....great bottles, and good size :mug:

Back