What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting my first beer tonight! Starting with my HB Citra Citrus american Wheat...because I like it ...and the stuff I picked up at Trader Joe's earlier needs to chill just a bit longer. Recycled photo...because it just doesn't make sense to take a picture of two cases of beer, one at a time!

DSC04282.jpg

Basically Skeeter recipe but switch lemon juice for 3 48oz cans of Dole Naturally Sweet pineapple juice. After final racking and Sparklloid I mixed with Kool Aid Tropical Punch syrup for Soda Stream. Easy peasy and very tasty. Huge pineapple aroma and flavor.

You sir win the internet for this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You all stink. Orange juice and seltzer to wash down day 1 of a z-pack of antibiotics. Grrr. Darn potential bronchitis. Even better... A dry wedding reception on my first night off them next weekend.

Zinc lozenges did the trick for me, along with a lot of good homemade organic soups, lots of onions and garlic/chicken stock will do you well. Probiotics help with a healthy diet along with moderate exercise helps-gotta get your juices flowin. I had a day where my ears were plugged up from blowing my nose, it was literally like I had earplugs in all day, it was very annoying. I had two bad days but went to work anyway feeling lousy. Think I completely killed it after a week. Havent really had a bad cold in years.

You all stink. Orange juice and seltzer to wash down day 1 of a z-pack of antibiotics. Grrr. Darn potential bronchitis. Even better... A dry wedding reception on my first night off them next weekend.

Keep with those antibiotics, it'll be worth it! Trust me, you don't want ANY nasty bacterial infections cropping up. I had several bouts with MRSA that landed me in the hospital a couple times in 2013 that developed from working on a grounds crew and just happening to contact the right thing and then mess with an ingrown hair on my arm. Zap those ****ers good man! Tell those bacteria I said "**** YOU" over the internet.

But really, I know your plight. I had 5 antibiotic runs from August through January that each lasted two weeks, and would have had a heart attack if I drank any alcohol with a couple of them. It was hell, but it's worth it to clear yourself up. Just wait for the celebration afterwards :tank:

I have had some winners and some losers from Dogfish Head Brewery...decided to give the 90 minute IPA a try. I'm just getting into the higher hop beers and generally like them, but in my opinion this one tastes boozie and too bitter. The aroma is good, but the first taste was just not. ABV is 9%. Since I've already had couple of beers, a few sips into this one, I can drink it. Not a fan, though. I do like their bottles for HB's though...with the shark emblem. Funny...just watched Jaws...Jaws II is on now.

DSC04323.jpg

This is a little better. 6.2% ABV and not quite as bitter...still not a favorite though. The flavor is a lot like a commercial big brewery beer...with more hops. I guess this will do it for tonight. Kids are on break and are up late...one of my daughters turns 12 tomorrow...er...two minutes ago.

DSC04324.jpg

Drank some good beers today with Remmy before during and after brewing up a couple different beers. You guys saw most of the highlights from Remmys pics, thought I'd mention the copious amounts of homebrew as well.

Good times and good brews. Nice to meet you and the fam dude. Thanks for having me. Lookin forward to blending day.

Drinking water after finishing some zombie monkey courtesy of Matthias.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Had a few SN Ruthless Rye IPAs while making dinner. Corn, mashed potatoes, and "I made my own recipe" beer batter fried chicken... used the Ruthless in the batter. Not too bad, needed more paprika.

Now I'm finishing my second glass of Avery's The Czar. Not as good as I recall. I've had a lot of great Russian Imperial stouts since then, though.

A strong cup o black coffee. This DST is really kicking my butt. I cant seem to stay asleep through the night since the change. Think I need to just power through it until I am too tired to wake up through the night.

Ohwell, it could always be worse. There could be a foot of snow and ice on the ground.

I also must say that I swear that I will make up for my Macrobrew Monday with better beers tonight.

Water and coffee. I'm not hung over but I can feel myself dragging after I spent the evening up with a friend. I just met him and he moves away today due to some unfortunate job situation. Needless to say I'm bummed. I know, TMI and :off:

So I had started light, the vanilla bean buffalo sweat, went to share a bottle of creme brule (yup) then had three vodka & sodas and was up till 1. Work is a bit rough today.

Only one more left after this one...
View attachment 185080
I need to get my hands on that eventually. No trading for a bit, I have one more BIF package to go out and that's it for a bit.

I have had some winners and some losers from Dogfish Head Brewery...decided to give the 90 minute IPA a try. I'm just getting into the higher hop beers and generally like them, but in my opinion this one tastes boozie and too bitter. The aroma is good, but the first taste was just not. ABV is 9%. Since I've already had couple of beers, a few sips into this one, I can drink it. Not a fan, though. I do like their bottles for HB's though...with the shark emblem. Funny...just watched Jaws...Jaws II is on now.

Supposedly Olde Hickory has a beer called Death by Hops that the bottle shop constantly tells me is a hoppy beer that isn't abusive on the tongue. I have yet to try it, but it is something to consider.

Happy Bday to the kiddo.

A strong cup o black coffee. This DST is really kicking my butt. I cant seem to stay asleep through the night since the change. Think I need to just power through it until I am too tired to wake up through the night.

Ohwell, it could always be worse. There could be a foot of snow and ice on the ground.

+1

I don't even think I slept that badly, but I still felt like a zombie when the alarm went off this AM.

Black tea. Long night out with people last night. At a bar with no taps, and fairly limited on beer selection. I ended up just drinking a ton of ol reliable fat tire.

Been a while since I closed a bar.

Zinc lozenges did the trick for me, along with a lot of good homemade organic soups, lots of onions and garlic/chicken stock will do you well. Probiotics help with a healthy diet along with moderate exercise helps-gotta get your juices flowin. I had a day where my ears were plugged up from blowing my nose, it was literally like I had earplugs in all day, it was very annoying. I had two bad days but went to work anyway feeling lousy. Think I completely killed it after a week. Havent really had a bad cold in years.

Keep with those antibiotics, it'll be worth it! Trust me, you don't want ANY nasty bacterial infections cropping up. I had several bouts with MRSA that landed me in the hospital a couple times in 2013 that developed from working on a grounds crew and just happening to contact the right thing and then mess with an ingrown hair on my arm. Zap those ****ers good man! Tell those bacteria I said "**** YOU" over the internet.

But really, I know your plight. I had 5 antibiotic runs from August through January that each lasted two weeks, and would have had a heart attack if I drank any alcohol with a couple of them. It was hell, but it's worth it to clear yourself up. Just wait for the celebration afterwards :tank:

I live a relatively healthy lifestyle, running, gym, reasonable diet. Haven't really been sick in a while.

Oh, fun. Child in daycare -plague!

I can definitely deal with a dry spell;a the swmbo says... 'i know you are sick... You are whining.'

I live a relatively healthy lifestyle, running, gym, reasonable diet. Haven't really been sick in a while.

Oh, fun. Child in daycare -plague!

I can definitely deal with a dry spell;a the swmbo says... 'i know you are sick... You are whining.'

Daycare and school are plague breeding grounds and they bring that crap home! One of the things people never tell new parents.

Daycare and school are plague breeding grounds and they bring that crap home! One of the things people never tell new parents.

I'm lucky that my kids don't have to go to daycare, but I fear they have know immune system and that were all doomed when they start school.

Water with lunch at work.

I'm lucky that my kids don't have to go to daycare, but I fear they have know immune system and that were all doomed when they start school.

That's a very valid concern. My son started daycare very young and while it seemed he had a runny nose the first three years, he rarely gets sick now (knock on wood.)

It's one of those things where you're gonna pay sooner or later.

Coffee and water. Waiting for traffic to die down before I head into work for a class. Hate these classes, but have to do it to keep my Paramedic License.

Both of my kids went through the early daycare sicknesses but got past that stage within the first couple months. I've always heard the exposure is good for them...kinda like building your immune system up for the new flu strains by getting injected with those exact strains. All that aside, the social skills both of my kids learned in daycare/preschool were worth all the $$$/snotty noses in the world.

Back