Hops strainer for a keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zacharomyces

Reaction score
Ive been using a keegle now for a while, but yesterday was the first brew that I used my new diptube on. I got a SS scrubbie to put under it to filter out hops and break. Well, it worked about as well as a screen door on a submarine. Instant and ongoing clog. Had to spray starsan all over my arm and then reach in to take the scrubbie out and raise the diptube. Anyway, enough of my sad story. I saw Lil' Sparkey's paint strainer setup and I think it will work great. the only thing is that I notice in all the pic, everyone is doing a 10G batch. Will this rig hang down low enough if I want to do a regular 5G batch?

I take it one step cheaper/easier and just tear a tiny bit of the mesh bag and tie it around the handle of the keggle. All good in the hood.

I saw Lil' Sparkey's paint strainer setup and I think it will work great. the only thing is that I notice in all the pic, everyone is doing a 10G batch. Will this rig hang down low enough if I want to do a regular 5G batch?
A 5 gal paint strainer hangs down to the bottom of the keg. It'll work fine for 5 gal batches.

Back