best ball lock prices?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just ordered my 4-pack from Sabco. exited about the shiny kegs with new o-rings. can't wait to fill them up.
Also, got an immediate confirmation email about my order.

I ordered in the middle of April when the put them back up on the website with the sale price. They haven't shipped yet, so I called. I was informed that the latest batch they got were not up to their standards, so I should wait another two weeks to see what is going on. Frustrating since they bill at time of order, and it will be possibly five weeks till I know if I am getting them. I had the opportunity to cancel, but I figured I would check here to see if anyone else got any recently from sabco.

Just sent an e-mail to them yesterday to find out when they expect more in as I would like to order 4 of them. Haven't heard back as of yet, but will keep you posted.

just an fyi, there is rumor that Corny kegs (Pepsi style; taller slender, most common) are becoming difficult to get. One of my LHBS's is out, and the distributors they use cannot get any. I went an other LHBS that had a couple still in stock.

Cornykeg.com is out of pepsi style kegs as of now on their website, they seem to only have converted firestone/coke kegs.

Sabco is currently out of stock as well.

My recommendation, if you can find one, get it

Only place i can get them local charges $55 each! Then i have to pay almost 9% tax on top of that! :( Maybe i'll order off of northernbrewer instead.

I ordered in the middle of April when the put them back up on the website with the sale price. They haven't shipped yet, so I called. I was informed that the latest batch they got were not up to their standards, so I should wait another two weeks to see what is going on. Frustrating since they bill at time of order, and it will be possibly five weeks till I know if I am getting them. I had the opportunity to cancel, but I figured I would check here to see if anyone else got any recently from sabco.

I'm with you, I haven't called yet but have paid for them at time of order and as of right now, I am waiting.

I can find pin locks pretty easily, but not ball locks.
I'd get pin locks now. You can get the converted ones if you need ball locks.

I also ordered a 4 pack from Sabco on april 22. I called them today and was told the same as above... They weren't up to standards. I may just cancel them and get the shorter pin lock style from cornykeg.. 4 pack for $100. Or just order a whole system from kegcowboy.

I ordered from Sabco on April 15th and had mine by April 23rd. I must have been lucky. They are the best kegs that I have received. All stickers removed, polished, cleaned, and new o rings.

I ordered fron Sabco on the 20th and still have not recieved my kegs. Sent an email and was told same as above. I can buy locally for $42.00 + tax. This whole thing kind of sucks. Just finished my kegerator build. Think I will buy a couple locally and just wait for the shiney ones from Sabco.

So, i guess there really are no other places that sell them for about $40 shipped? I'm looking to pick up 4 and that is about what I'd like to spend since everyone on here seems to think that is a normal price.

I ordered from Sabco on April 15th and had mine by April 23rd. I must have been lucky. They are the best kegs that I have received. All stickers removed, polished, cleaned, and new o rings.

As far as I can, you're the last who has received theirs. I ordered mine on the 17th of April, and not received mine

Got a tracking number from Sabco today. Kegs will be at my door Monday.:rockin:

I ordered 4 from Sabco on April 28th, No tracking number yet. I emailed them earlier in the week. A very nice woman replied who confirmed that the prior batch did not meet their standards, therefore the delay. I was impressed that they took the steps to avoid sending these to us. Personally, I'd rather wait a little bit for higher quality kegs. I've seen far too many junk ones selling for more as of late!

corny keg prices .............

oh how I miss the days of $20 dollar cornies. I ordered 5 on black friday and they were $20 bucks. Really wishing that I had ordered about 15 right about now. I haven't seen them cheaper than 40. If you got them for $40 each that's a deal right now. $49 is the going rate.

I don't know if the days of $20 cornies will come back. It will be something you tell your kids about like .99 cent per gallon gas lol

I was lucky enough to score 2 brand new ball lock cornies off CL for $100 including a taprite regulator & clamp on tower (w/ a plastic faucet). I supplemented those with 3 of a Sabco 4 pack-a friend took the 4th-and while the Sabco are nice enough, I think all future cornie purchases for me will be new.

-d

I just ordered 4 kegs from beverage elements (www.bvrgelements.com) for $163 shipped t NY. I have no idea of the quality yet as they just shipped out today. I'll let you know when i get them, but they could be an alternative to Sabco since they are about the same price (though not polished and pretty most likely).

I ordered on 4/27 as well and just got a tracking number today. If the kegs are as nice as reported, it will be well worth the wait.

Well, I just got my tracking number a few minutes ago so it looks like they are on the way! I agree if they are as nice as they claim, the wait was definitely worth it. Has anyone here received theirs yet from this new lot? How do they look?

I just got mine from the new lot, and to be honest they are a little rough. I am new to kegging though so I don't have a lot to compare to.

I got mine last night. They actually look great! No major dents, stickers removed, outside polished, all new seals and shipped holding pressure. I couldn't ask for anything more from used kegs. You gotta realize all these kegs are at least 20 yrs old (probably more like 30 plus) and were used and abused for years before we repurposed them. Considering that, I'm extremely happy with them. Just need a quick clean and sanitization and they should be ready for a new life!

corny keg prices .............

oh how I miss the days of $20 dollar cornies. I ordered 5 on black friday and they were $20 bucks. Really wishing that I had ordered about 15 right about now. I haven't seen them cheaper than 40. If you got them for $40 each that's a deal right now. $49 is the going rate.

So if I found some on CL and the guy is asking $30ea, I should bite? I'm going to look at/ purchase them tomorrow.

Mine showed up, from the new lot, and are awesome! Already filled two after a quick clean and sanitize. Chilling down in the keezer. Now to get to filling the other two.

Back