Home Brew belly Be GONE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm six foot and I weigh in at 265 these days. I can remember weighing 180 when I was in the Marine Corps, of course that was twenty years ago. If I could drop down between 220 and 230, I think I would be happy. My biggest problem is that I need to learn how to eat in moderation and eat smaller meals throughout the day. I almost never eat a breakfast or a lunch; so by dinner time, I'm usually quite hungry and can go overboard. That's usually the worst time to have a big meal. It's definitely time to change some of my habits. I recently had a physical to qualify for a life insurance policy and was happy to hear that I have very good cholesterol levels; but I know that I could definitely do better. Maybe I'll have to have sex with my SWMBO alot more often to burn even more calories...on second thought what am I thinking; I'm married. That doesn't happen.

Hrm...perhaps we ought to make something of this.

What if we set a date limit, say June 21st (today is the first day of spring, June 21st is the first day of summer), and whoever has lost the most weight by then (as a percentage of total body weight) gets a homebrew from the rest of the contestants? Who's in?

ayrton said:
Hrm...perhaps we ought to make something of this.

What if we set a date limit, say June 21st (today is the first day of spring, June 21st is the first day of summer), and whoever has lost the most weight by then (as a percentage of total body weight) gets a homebrew from the rest of the contestants? Who's in?

Me.

But it should be a percentage of body weight (just to be fair), and you should post a Before and After picture of yourself to prove it. There's a good picture of me around here somewhere that I'll use as my Before.

Anyone want to wager brew or equipment on it?

Cheesefood said:
Me.

But it should be a percentage of body weight (just to be fair), and you should post a Before and After picture of yourself to prove it. There's a good picture of me around here somewhere that I'll use as my Before.

Anyone want to wager brew or equipment on it?

Right, body weight percentage is the fairest way to do it. Skinnier guys will naturally be at a disadvantage, but meh...it'll still be fun.

Prizes should definitely be homebrew. Equipment could be tough. The winner will be rolling in everyone else's beer, which makes it ideal. I only feel sorry for the guys who are in great shape. :)

Should we start a new thread to get people to sign up? We can call it The Great HBT 2007 Belly Off Competition. I like the before and after pics idea. Perhaps a pic of you on a scale to prove it's legit? Besides, everyone here is trustworthy.

What do we think? Reverend_JC, do you want to run this thing, since you started this thread?

I have a picture of me racking my 3rd brew I believe whereI was a whopping 290. THats my before pic that I keep in my closet as a reminder for me every morning.

I wont wager brew equipment Cheese, but I will wish you good luck and let you know Im right there with you working on it

Chimone said:
I have a picture of me racking my 3rd brew I believe whereI was a whopping 290. THats my before pic that I keep in my closet as a reminder for me every morning.

I wont wager brew equipment Cheese, but I will wish you good luck and let you know Im right there with you working on it

But will you wager some brew? I think we're going to need a new thread to make this thing official.

(Not trying to be a dick) At 5' 10", before this hobby I was at about 150 and sometimes lower :eek:. I'm one of the those a$$holes who could/can eat and not gain. After the hobby I'm at 170-175. I need this hobby to not look like Barney Fife. Good luck to you all!

desertBrew said:
(Not trying to be a dick) At 5' 10", before this hobby I was at about 150 and sometimes lower :eek:. I'm one of the those a$$holes who could/can eat and not gain. After the hobby I'm at 170-175. I need this hobby to not look like Barney Fife. Good luck to you all!

Lucky bum. I gain a pound just thinking about having a beer.

ayrton said:
But will you wager some brew? I think we're going to need a new thread to make this thing official.

what? you actually want me to bottle again?

unless of course you want to pay shipping on a full keg :)

yeah, i can put something together for it. I will start a new thread where we can post pictures of before and then in june the after picture.

I dont know about the equipment, but i think brew wagering is a great idea.

Look for the new thread sometime tomorrow.

But equipment would be fun!!!

Oh well...brew it is. I'll make a couple bottles of my latest brews prior to kegging them.

Reverend JC said:
yeah, i can put something together for it. I will start a new thread where we can post pictures of before and then in june the after picture.

I dont know about the equipment, but i think brew wagering is a great idea.

Look for the new thread sometime tomorrow.

Crap! I didn't even see this until it was too late. Want me to delete the other one?

Nope, you are fine. keep it open. i was just saying tomorrow because that is when i will have time to pay for membership here and post pictures.

Reverend JC said:
Nope, you are fine. keep it open. i was just saying tomorrow because that is when i will have time to pay for membership here and post pictures.

Gotcha. Sorry about that; I wasn't trying to take credit. :) Are you in?

Back