Bottling in Kolsch top growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeandblue302

Reaction score
Anyone had any success with this? Just to reiterate these are the German Style Kolsch tops not standard growlers.

Thanks!!

Do you mean Grolsch top growlers? If so, then yes, you can bottle in those. Just inspect the rubber gasket to make sure it is intact and will give you a good seal.

I think he might mean these.

growler-romantic.jpg

yes that is EXACTLY what im talking about. I may dedicate two of my Victory growlers for my next bottling.

I was wondering the same thing that Ian asked as well. how long would it take to carb? Im guessing i would just leave them for last anyway.

Carb time should be the same. But I would give it more time to condition with the larger volume.

Do not carbonate in regular growlers. They are not designed for it. Some people have done it, but it is not advisable.

ok thanks guys. I figured i had enough to set two aside, although its going to suck going to Victory with only two growlers instead of four. Guess i will have to go twice a week instead of once...my sob story :)

Damn, ive only ever made it up there once and have been wanting to go back since because i dont really remember it. How much do you get off for bringing the growler back with you?

What is a regular growler? (Twist cap?) I have used one similar to Revvy's for about 4 or 5 batches. So far, so good.

Nevermind, I see the question was already answered. Which Orange and Blue are you?

A growler is just like any other flip top bottle. I don't see why conditioning in one is "not advisable"...?

I often get beer here in Germany, yes from a store, yes i am ashamed of it too, that is in fliptops , 22oz bottels, and 1l, 1.5l, 2l growlers and all of them have ben carbed, i doubt they are carbed in a keg or something, and then put in to the flipers for sale, but they might be.

Back