Condensation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybrewer

Reaction score
May be a rookie question, but i put my first batch into the primary fermenter just over 24 hours ago. CO2 is being released like mad, but with that gas, should there be a fair ammount of condensation gathering on the top of my brew bucket?
To answer two standard questions that will inevitably be asked. #1 No I did not open the bucket, it is opaque in color so I can see the condensation formed. and #2 The temp in the room is 64 degrees with normal humidity, so temp shouldnt be an issue. I was thinking maybe this just came with the wort cooling from mid 80's to room temp?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

DB

i'm pretty new too, so take my answer with a grain of salt

but fermentation is exothermic - giving off a little heat. my guess is because the surrounding area and bucket lid may be cooler, you may collect some condensation.

whether that's true or not, i've had it happen before, too, and don't think twice about the condensation; it's not an infection or anything.

Back