Easy Clean to sanitize

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinthehull

Reaction score
Have read people refer to Easy Clean as a sanitizer while others say it's just for cleaning. I saw great reviews for it on northern brewer from people saying they sanitize with it, so i ordered a five pound bucket since it's so much cheaper than starsan. Did i just waste my money, or can this beq used the same way starsan can be?

I've heard people saying that it is ok as a sanitizer, so I guess so. But consider this. A 32oz bottle of Star San in $16.50 on NB. A lot of people feel like they have to make a whole 5 gallons...you don't. I got a 1 gallon jug of distilled water and figured out how much SS you need for that. I then fill a spray bottle and spray most of my parts. 30 seconds of wet contact time is all that is needed ( 2 minutes on the bottle to appease the feds ).

I've had the same 32 oz bottle of star san for the past 3 years ( approx. 35 batches ) and have never made more than 2.5 gallons at a time.

So in the end, Star San may be a lot cheaper than Easy Clean. Use up the Easy Clean as a cleaner and get a bottle of Star San, is my recommendation.

Back