sam adams revolutionary rye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuenro02

Reaction score
Anyone had this yet? Top 3 favorite beers of all time. What would be something close to this that I could try home brewin?

Have you tried other Rye pale ales? There's a recipe for Terrapin in the recipes section. I just dry-hopped mine, in fact. It'll be a good bit more flavorful than SA's Revolutionary Rye.

Have you tried other Rye pale ales? There's a recipe for Terrapin in the recipes section. I just dry-hopped mine, in fact. It'll be a good bit more flavorful than SA's Revolutionary Rye.

+1 Terrapin is excellent. I've had both and would give the nod to Terrapin.

well they give you the important ingredients, so look at popular rye apa/ipa's for quantities

Flavor: Roasted malt sweetness and a spicy rye character. German and American hops add light pine and citrus notes to this medium-bodied brew.

Color: Deep reddish hue

Original Gravity: 13.6° Plato

Alcohol by Vol/Wt: 5.5% ABV – 4.3%ABW

Calories per 12 oz. serving: 182

Malt Type: Two-row Harrington, Special B, Munich, and Rye (over 20%)

Hop Variety: Tettnang Tettnanger Noble hops, Ahtanum, Amarillo, and Centennial

Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams ale yeast

Availability: Seasonal (January - April) in the American Originals Variety Pack

First Brewed: 2010

i had SA rye the other day i didnt think to much of it.. but it could have been because i was 1/2 in the bag or was expecting something else out of it.. maybe i have to try it again.

Confession! I believe this is one of the only if not the only rye beer I have tried. I am new to brewing and I really like going down to the store and buying new beers to try and this one I really enjoyed. I will be trying this Terrapin soon. Thanks for the respones guys!

I just tapped my Rye Stout last night. I am very happy with it but I can't detect the rye flavor at all. Actually I don't know what I should be looking for. I need to go grab a stronger rye beer and try it out so I know what flavor I am looking for. It is still a little green so maybe it will pop out in a week or so.

Wachussett (sp?) Makes a rye something, I can't remember what, but I really enjoyed it. I think this will be tough to get depending on where you are. It is a small brewery in northwest Mass or south vermont. Good if you can get it thoug

The Sam Adams website says it is a seasonal beer that comes out in January. Has anyone seen it on shelves this year??? I'm craving.

Latest posts

Back