Questions about dual tap kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I finally got a green light from the boss (wife) to get a kegerator. I plan on purchasing a Haier dual tap Haier Kegerator HBF05EABB-NK-2 Keg Beer Tap | BeverageFactory.com and I want to use on line for homebrew and one for commercial brew.

I also plan on purchasing the quick disconnects to go from homebrew to commercial for the 2nd line,
Kegco Home Brew 1/4" MFL Ball Lock / Pin Lock Quick Disconnect Set | BeverageFactory.com.

Does anyone have experience with these? Is it really as easy as it sounds or is described (buy a second D coupler and going back and forth?)

Thanks,

Joe
:mug:

I would get those fittings for the commercial keg setup, so that you can easily swap between a corny keg and sanke keg without having to change lines/hoses. Just be sure to get the small plastic washers that go between the MFL male and female parts (so you don't leak due to metal on metal gaps). :eek:

Personally, I'm only drinking what I'm brewing. It's all going into keg now, and I don't intend to ever pick up a sanke keg of brew. I also don't intend to fill the sanke kegs I have now with finished beer to serve/dispense. :drunk:

If you have a decent enough pipeline going, I would simply go for all to corny keg setup. You could always add a sanke coupler and those fittings later IF you start getting commercial kegs. Use the funds you would have spent on the sanke setup for other hardware, or ingredients. :rockin::D:drunk:

I looked into the Sanky keg idea, most reviews or opinions I have seen say it is really not worth the hassle.

Most of those opinions or reviews are written by people who have never used sanke kegs for homebrew...those that have usually prefer them IME. I have never read a post about a leaking sanke keg dumping gallons in the bottom of a keezer...of course...YMMV:mug:

Back