8 Gallon AG Stove top brew tonite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
Doing the hop additions right now, thought I'd post a pic of this.

This is my 10 gal brew pot. I have been using it to brew my 5 gal all grain batches on the stove top. I use two burners to heat the pot.

After thinking about it, I decided to brew an 8 gal batch and split it into two fermentors. Friend of mine gave me some 5 gallon food grade buckets. Should work good for a 4 gal batch. Pre-boil volume was 9.53 gal.

DSCN2068.jpg

It takes amost 45 minutes to bring this much wort to boil from its start of 160 degrees. The last 10 degrees or so take the longest. I dont have the best stove, perhaps a better unit would shorten that time. Not alot of room on the stove with a pot this big.

Brewing Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale.

Wow. Well done. 9.5 gallons in a 10 gallon pot is ambitious. I brew on the stove top all of the time and it feels like the difference between 200 degrees and the next 12 takes a lifetime. I really need to make a heat stick soon...

I envy the great smell that must surround you now.

13lbs of 2 row
4lbs of Vienna
1 lb UK Crystal 60

2 oz Cascade @ 60min
1 oz Cascade @ 30 min
.5 oz Cascade @ 15 min
.5 oz Cadcade @ 5 min

Estimated OG 1.061....nailed it

4 gal in each 5 gal pail. I have more head space than I would like, but I chilled fast and got it locked up quick. I think next time I will fill one carboy full and pick up a 3 gal carboy.

I did run into a problem though..... I wont have enough kegs available when this is done...:ban:

I guess I need to have a keg tapping party...:rockin:

I am thinking about bottling one and kegging the other. With a 3 gal carboy, I could bottle that and keg the 5 gal batch.

2:21 am, I am off to bed.

It does not look like your boil is strong enough. You really want a violent rolling boil going to drive out unwanted compounds through the boil

Wow! I have a hard enough time (to be read I CAN'T!!) getting 3 gallons to boil.... I have to say I'm jealous....

Latest posts

Back