Fish Emulsion/Fertilizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stTimer

Reaction score
I am looking for a little input regarding fertilizer. I just bought some fish emulsion and it says to use 1tbsp per gallon of water. I was wondering if anyone else has used this and if so what mix did you use. I am looking for a late boost for my hops. There are a bunch that just budded and I was hoping to be able to harvest them in the next few weeks while its still warm. I would greatly apprecaite any input. Thanks

Ive used fish emulsion before. It might help your crop out a little but you don't want to over do it. Just follow the instructions and it shouldn't burn them. That stuff smells awful though.

Thanks. Guess I'll stick to what the directions say. I certainly dont want to burn them up this late in the season. My cascades probably have 200 new little buds on them. I dont want to loose them all. I figure I have about 3-5 weeks left of pretty warm weather. Disregarding the last week which has been really cool at night. As far as the Williamette and Nugget, I dont think i will be getting much if anything from them. I jsut need 1 ounce dried Cascade for my next batch!!

I like the fish emulsion plus kelp. I use Fertrel's fish and kelp for most of my garden. Follow the directions on the bottle and you shuld have great results.

Chardo.
P.S. Let us know how things work out.

Back