how many batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 batches in 2 months.
I'll be brewing batch number 4 (Guinness clone) this Friday.

Never knew what I was missing before, but I'm glad that I found it!

Been brewing for the last 3 years but only started getting more serious this year with 12 batches in 12 mos. And another schedualed for MLK day:D

looking back through my note books, about 62 in 5 years. some where w/ brew friends, most alone for my own consuption :~)

on batch 6, been brewing for 3 months.

Just got a commercial grade 8 gallon stainless kettle, and wort chiller, so I expect to be doing much more soon (especially since i have 2 kits on order)

Don't know. I've lost most of my recipes during a hard drive crash and had to get the HD's replaced...:mad:

I've been brewing since '93, but didn't brew for 5 years (Feb 99-Feb 04) because I was living in Bamberg, Germany (Maisel's, Mahr's, Greifenklau, Reichelbräu, not to mention Tucher, Franziskaner, Paulaner, Spaten, St. Georgenbräu, the REAL Budvar, then there's the beers from the dozens of countries I've vacationed in, etc.).

Why even try when the best is down the street?:drunk:

I've brewed 19 batches this year and have a starter in high kräusen right now.:D :eek:

joutlaw said:
13 in four months... and plan on doing one on tomorrow.

Holy fright!!! Can I come over? :D

I've done 23 this past year. Here's the list (this was a thread on the green board so I just pasted it over....).

E-01 Bald Head Brown Ale (HomebrewUSA kit)
E-02 Oatmeal Stout (HomebrewUSA kit)
E-03 Irish Red (HomebrewUSA kit)
E-04 San Francisco Steam (HomebrewUSA kit)
E-05 Brown Ale (HomebrewUSA kit, with a twist)
E-06 APA (the birth of Lake Walk Pale Ale)
AG-07 American Amber Ale
AG-08 American Amber Ale v.2
AG-09 Strawberry Blonde
AG-10 Lake Walk Pale Ale v.2 (APA)
AG-11 Gravedigger Golden Ale
AG-12 Mexican Blackbird (Jalapeno Cream Ale)
AG-13 Snatch Patch IPA
AG-14 Gravedigger Golden Ale v.2
AG-15 LPR (Milk Stout)
AG-16 Guinness Clone
AG-17 Lake Walk Pale Ale v.3
AG-18 F.A.T. (Hophead's Fat Tire cloner)
AG-19 Mexican Blackbird v.2
AG-20 Vanilla Cream Ale
AG-21 North to Virginia Smoked Porter (Hophead's Alaskan Smoked Porter cloner)
AG-22 Freedom Ale (tried my hand at hopbursting!)
AG-23 F.A.T. v.2 (Fat Tire cloner)

Still hoping to get one more in before the new year comes.

25 plus this past year... i don't know if i wanna count some of the early extract batches cause they didn't all get drunk, and i was temporarily closed between the months of august through december due to a house move.

we've done three in december since i re-opened the basement brewery in the new house...

Been at it for about 5 months and have 9 batches under my belt, have 6 kits sitting in closet ready for a carboy to free up.

ORRELSE said:
Holy fright!!! Can I come over? :D

Yep I went a little overboard when I started. I believe I did 8 in 8 weeks, then slowed down... b/c I didn't have enough bottles :D

I am doing extract w/ some grain, so really it only takes me about 2 hours a batch or so.

Needless to say a lot of people like to come over now and at around $20 for 5 gallons its hard not to give it away. Main thing I ask for is a little help cleaning b/c that to me is the biggest pain of homebrewing.

Latest posts

Back