Brew Expierience and Curiosity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf3456

Reaction score
I finished my first batch of beer and cannot get to my LHBS right away so about 3 days ago I made a batch of simply water, sugar, and yeast. Just because I wanted something in the fermentor and it costs barely anything to make.

Sugar (Granulated sugar)
Yeast (quick-rise yeast from grocery store)
Water.

I boiled 5lb of sugar in 2 gallons of water and then added one gallon when I put it in fermentor.
So, 5lb of sugar in 3 gallons of water.
I pitched the yeast and within maybe 2 minutes the airlock was bubbling. It has been bubbling for about 3 days now.

How do y'all think it will turn out? Obviously it won't be too good. I will probably add some kool aid powder once it's done. What do you think the ABV % will be?

You made hooch.....It's going to be pretty crappy.

Next time you want to ferment for the sake of fermenting, look into apfeliwein, ciders, or meads instead of rocket fuel.

Revvy said:
You made hooch.....It's going to be pretty crappy.

Next time you want to ferment for the sake of fermenting, look into apfeliwein, ciders, or meads instead of rocket fuel.

What do you think the ABV % will be?

It wasn't fermenting at first or at least there was no sign of fermentation in airlock, so the day after i started it, I took one and it was 1.070 and then I put another thing of yeast and it started bubbling almost immediately

Back