Just cracked open a green flash IIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrydrez

Reaction score
This beer tastes like drinking a glass of marijuana juice- I suppose this is what is meant by "dank", right?

It's funny because I used to fear IPAs and then I tried one. Now it seems like the IPAs I've tried aren't hoppy enough. I want that big, juicy hope aroma. I guess I'm going to switch to DIPAs but I'll probably just brew my own.

What a great beer....Its the CTZ/Simcoe combo I think. This beer is heavily hopped for sure

I usually prefer the IPA's to the DIPA's just because they have less body/sweetness and finish dryer.

From their site:

"San Diego IPA, as it has come to be known by many, is pale in color, super-hoppy, high-gravity, yet a highly quaffable ale. Our Imperial IPA is created in this new tradition with intense hop flavors and aromas from a unique blend of Summit and Nugget hops."

It's those summit. I think I could pick out that flavor in any beer that used even one pellet of it.

lol, if only. have you tried that beer, dman, that was my first thought anyway.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say that I thought it was too dry for me. It accomplished what it set out to, so in that respect it's a really good beer. Personally, though, I prefer them just a touch sweeter.

I've yet to try it. I did have their barley wine, which was more like a IIIPA with how unbelievable hoppy it was. Loved it.

Back